View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 09:27 PM
JJ4EVER
Total Fan

HOLY CRAP. It's so sad that the last two minutes was more exciting than the rest of the episode, but OMG! The ending almost made up for how sucky the episode was. Brennan deleting the stuff was sad - are we supposed to assume that she also wrote his dream, or just the parts that Hodgins said in the voice over? Either way, it was sad, but especially so if the pregnancy and stuff was stuff she wrote that she deleted. Emily Deschanel did so well in that scene, I know I made a comment awhile ago about how her acting has gotten polarized, but regardless, you could see how truly concerned she was about Booth once he woke up.

AND HOLY CLIFFHANGER, BATMAN! I mean, come on, they're not going to do that, because that would be the end of the show. Although... technically they COULD have it where it like, skips forward a year and he goes through therapy and whatnot and redoes his agent training and the FBI takes him back and he gets paired up with Bones and they... being their relationship all over again?! WAIT WHAT. NO WAY! NO WAY! Not after four seasons! Unless they're absolutely sure they'll be on at least four seasons, which they're not, there's just no way! Ooooh, I'll be so pissed!! Now I get where the whole "bad fanfiction" thing came from.

I don't know... I get why people are upset. I get that they did the AU thing to be like "Ok, just to let you know, we DO know that they'd be together by now if they weren't partners", but still. I think a lot of people who were spoiled were expecting so much more since we were told that it wouldn't be a hallucination and WOULDN'T be a dream (although technically, it could really NOT have been a dream, it could have been what Brennan was writing and Booth was talking about some other thing that was a dream, but I don't think that's likely), most people had high hopes that them getting together would be real, and they feel like they've been cheated, in a way. I don't feel like that really, but I understand how one could feel like that. I mean, I'm fine with them not being together yet, I've liked the direction they've been heading in, they've been connecting emotionally so deeply, especially with this latest crisis, and that's another reason I'll be furious if his memory loss is permanent and they have to start over again.

Overall, it was a "meh" episode. The AU thing was pretty boring, with the exception of AU!BB sex and AU!BB getting pregnant.
A storm approaches. It's still over the horizon, but there is lightening in the air. Are either of them aware of the gathering turbulence? Can they feel that crackle of electricity in the wind, or are they aware of only the power they generate between themselves?
Everything Happens Eventually
JJ4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote