Thread: News thread
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 01:08 PM
ellavm
Master Fan

Joshing with Josh

Effortlessly glamorous Angie Wicka admits that she was "looking nasty" when she noticed a movie star near her driveway.

"... nasty and all country with a bandana on my head," said the owner of Casabella Designs. "There he was with his fine [physique] and nobody to see me talking to Josh Hartnett! I was like, 'What, no cars driving by? Nobody dropping over to see me?!'

"I'm out here TALKING TO JOSH HARNETT!"

Wicka was not so star struck or preoccupied with being observed that she forgot the most important mission in her life: raising research money to find a cure for Duchenne muscular dystrophy.

Nash, 5, firstborn of Angie and her husband, Tom Wicka, had his ailment diagnosed in 2002.

"I said to Josh, 'Listen, I'm right in the middle of writing you a letter. I'm with the 'Bash for Nash'..." Hartnett didn't stand a chance once she went into her rapid-fire presentation on behalf of "Bash for Nash 2" on Saturday at Le Meridien. In her grand scheme, Hartnett was to introduce the star of the gala, "Last Comic Standing" host Jay Mohr.

Hartnett said he couldn't, though, because he would be filming a movie elsewhere in February. However, he offered to provide an auction item.

"Then he came into my house," she said. "Met Nash and [2-year-old daughter] Coco. Could not have been sweeter. Don't forget to write that. And kind. He said, I want you to call my dad because he handles everything."

Tom Wicka was sick, but he rolled out of bed to meet Hartnett. Later, Tom tried to get a fix on how hot Angie found Josh, so he said something like, Good-looking guy, huh?

"Oh, he's OK," said Angie, playing it a lot cooler than she did in the driveway.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5232366.html