View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 02:02 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

Quote:
That's why his stance on performing an abortion (season one) wasn't very understandable to me. The fact that he was willing to teach how to perform an abortion (season 4) made absolutely no sense as far as consistency is concerned.
I don't know, I kind of liked him not being able to perform the abortion although he is highly liberal and would likely be the one to do it. It made sense to me that it was too close after Julia's death for him to do something like that, even though he believes in the practice. Plus, it made for a nice surprise once we found out that Harold would do it!

His decision in season four was just poorly handled all around. I didn't mind him being able to perform it after the aura of Julia's death had left him four years later, but that the writers didn't give him a scene to weigh the decision or talk about it with someone, and for him to just say he'd do it so casually, and most of his story involving it taking place offscreen...didn't like that. It was too easy.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood