View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 04:43 PM
MAKRO
Part-Time Fan

If Only

WILPEN:
If only the interviewer who elicited the answer from EVC that you show on your signature had asked two simple follow-up questions; "why do Amy and Ephram show so little physical affection on screen?", and "how much creative input is Berlanti providing this year?". I would love to have seen her answers to those.
Well, now we know that having E/A in relaxed mode wasn't the stimulus for more passion between them.
As much as the lack of physical affection continues to annoy me, and I've put up about eleventeen posts on the issue, I'm just as fried about the implication being projected that once they "sinned" by having sex, they will never be allowed more than a few brief consecutive moments of happiness ever again. The whole "went to see Madison's band" disaster served no purpose other than to prevent E/A from having an extended period of happiness prior to Madisongate. It didn't advance the baby story line one bit. Same with Amy taking three episodes to actually forgive him: it could have been done in one simply by having Ephram directly address her insecurities regarding Madison (Amy still could have had her "sacrifice" epiphany). Now, after another ten minutes, it's happening again as the bomb starts dropping next week. And it looks like a long, tough road.
I must say that taking what is arguably the most appealing teen couple on TV in quite some time and dooming them to behaving like an old married couple during the sporadic moments of happiness they are allowed, is a mis-judgement of massive proportions.