15. SmileMrBrightside
  16. georgina31
  17. Roni Radulova
  18. Allison'sGirlfriend
  19. CrazyCake
  20. ChakotaysLover

=made by pandora13

Quotes

"What happened to me when I started to read plays was quite profound. I think it was the first time that my brain understood how to view the world. In other words, I started to think in a completely different way. My particular intelligence was stimulated through reading plays."

"I can't wait to see what other actors are going to do. I can't wait to be affected by them and to feel what they're going to make me feel."

"I love it when a director provides me almost a shadow, so I know that somebody is there with me. I'm like Peter Pan with the shadow sewn on. I'm not scared to go where I have to go - into these strange places and possibly fall into these holes and make mistakes - as long as the director is there with me. I don't like feeling alone."

"I'm interested in how we've been seperated from our spirituality as women, which is a place of power for the feminine."

"That's what we're always hoping for in our work.You're like - oh well, maybe if I do this part, maybe I can save some grant this year on therapy."

"Actors spend their lives searching for worlds they can enter, searching for stories that require their particular talents, their ideas, their idiosyncrasies. We search for involvement in stories that contain relevance to our world, because built deeply into the core impulses of the actor is a strong, almost overwhelming need to connect with the people."

"Whatever happens between Adama & Roslin happens in spite of her ideas and thoughts about what shouldn't happen."

"I think Roslin is on the cutting edge of female characters who are learning how to handle power."

"I can only speak from her point of view and I sense that the level of emotional vulnerability an actual relationship would require, would seem to threaten perhaps Roslin's stability. Her commitment is to the fleet...and her lack of emotional confusion has, I believe, been one of her strengths. I doubt it would be easy for her to surrender her heart at this point."

"Well, I don`t know what Ron has in mind, but I do know about the arc of the show. Looking at how intuitive and instinctive Eddie and I play, that is the sort of thing that leads into sexual chemistry. I wouldn`t be surprised if it emerged."

"With BSG, sci-fi is the human experience taken beyond the envelope. When I first became involved with the project, I knew that I would be able to play a human being for many years, exploring and reflecting on issues that would impact people's lives."

“My first question at my first meeting with Ron Moore was, ‘So…when do we get rid of Laura’s cancer?’ He told me she’d have to cope with it throughout the entire saga, and I thought, ‘No way! This is science fiction. Of course you can do something!"

"I'm the kind of person you want to be in an earthquake with."

"Actors spend their lives searching for worlds they can enter, searching for stories that require their particular talents, their ideas, their idiosyncrasies. We search for involvement in stories that contain relevance to our world, because built deeply into the core impulses of the actor is a strong, almost overwhelming need to connect with the people."

(Aaron Douglas about Mary McDonnell): "She is just so present, and lovely, and beautiful, and she just looks right into your eyes and down into your soul. It’s a little disconcerting at first, but she’s an absolute gem."

(Tahmoh Pennikett about Mary McDonnell): "I got to see Mary shoot some stuff that you'll see later this season. She was just so raw, so layered, so nuanced in going places. It was just amazing. I could totally see why she's a f-ing Academy Award nominee."

"Well, there wasn’t a template – well, certainly in the US of A, many incredible female world leaders to draw upon – but what was fascinating about what they also created was to create a female president who had not had the ambition towards that position, and who on an ambition and experience level perhaps was ill prepared. Therefore the job became finding, within Laura Roslin, inner resources of power that had been heretofore undiscovered. So it became kind of an interesting exploration of women and their personal relationship to power, which can sometimes have a push-pull internally. So that was basically my experience of drawing on that push-pull and from there taking actions that quite often fell into the area of a more masculine – “classically” masculine – energy, which was a survival clear action. And there are times when this president’s femininity had to be put to the side, might we say. So when I hear these stories about girls, and I see high school girls here and you’re asking questions about technology, and we’re hearing these horrific things that are still happening to women and we’re also talking about a female president, my hope for all of it is that we begin to, as Eddie said with race, understand the human rights of the female and understand that those rights are as legitimate and powerful and necessary for the survival of the planet as some of the other issues that we face. And a lot of those feelings and ideas would come up playing her as personal internal thoughts. But in the world of Battlestar, it was not really ever a problem except for occasionally a few quips about the schoolteacher. But it was never really an issue."

(On what she wants people to take away from the show, and following EJO’s passionate speech at the UN Event)
"That’s why I wanted him to go first. [laughs] I very simply hope – I think that the show, when you scrape everything away, what you’re finally left with are two things. One is the idea of patience being the essential element to evolution and two, the idea of forgiveness being the necessary action in order to break the cycle of violence and begin to create the dialogue. And I do think that the show, over and over and over again, brought those two ideas to light and I think that that’s where we all feel honored. We feel honored to have participated in such profound simplicity towards disciplines which are really difficult to practice but clearly where we need to go. So that’s what I hope you can take a look at in viewing BSG. And I personally would like to thank the UN for this because this is an extraordinary opportunity for artists to be able to connect themselves to the world – because that’s the whole point of what we do, it’s what drives our passion. And I would also like to thank Madame Goldberg for bringing her incredible commitment to the show, her intelligence and her grace to this situation. Thank you."

(The United Nations. A doctor in your stint on “Grey’s Anatomy.” The president of the colonies! All powerful roles in society for women. Do you feel a sense of duty to portray these roles in a certain manner?)

"I don’t know if it’s a sense of duty, but I do feel a sense of responsibility to try and find out the truth of it all. Culturally, we really still are getting used to women in these positions. Thank God there are millions of them around the world, but in the media we’re still getting used to them and trying to find a way to portray women in power truthfully, from the inside out rather than typically or [using] the ideas that the male culture has held about what they would be like if they finally got there. The point for me would be to get so many women out there in these roles that we stop noticing."

Previous Threads

#1: Because She Is The One and Only President
#2: So Awesome She Doesn't Need Awards To Prove It
#3: Because She's Our Lady In Red
#4: From A Dying Flower Springs Eternal Hope
#5: Because She Is Mary McAwesome

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 05-27-2009 at 05:26 AM