View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 08:03 AM
i never learn
Fan Forum Hero

if this show is one thing, it's def not gritty... and it's not all that depressing either... another thing i keep hearing it is... now the shield and the wire, both excellent, daring cop shows that took it there were both gritty and depressing... southland just seems like it wants to resemble such shows, but it doesn't... it's still interesting enough to watch though, especially for the cast, but idk... it feels like it lacks certain aspects that would make it great, but it's only the second ep so... one thing that i hated was how hard they tried to make cops seem as if they are good people... not that they aren't good people, but i hardly doubt in rl adams would have had the time to give such effort to one case... granted it is a show, but that whole sl just seemed like a big cliche to me... same thing with bryant, but yea, i get it's a show, blahblah... i'm still liking ben's and john's partnership though... especially how it went from ben making a mistake to john being so wrapped up in that mistake, he nearly hit a kid... made his whole "being aware" theory go out the window for a moment... overall it wasn't a bad ep... plus it had another great coda!
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote