View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 02:27 AM
-Michal-
Fan Forum Hero

My thoughts:

I loved the pilot episode, I thought Ben did a great job and I totally related and cheered for his character.

I thought the episode would be more focused on his character, and as far as the patrol officers plot was concerned, his character was the focus, but the detectives' storyline (understandably) had little to do with him. But Ben got plenty of air time and the episode began and ended with him, so I was happy.

My favorite scene was in scene in the hospital with Chickie (I think they have chemistry and she's super cute!) and with the little girl. I also loved the scene with "Oliver"

I enjoyed the Patrol Officers Storyline far more than the detectives' storyline; I'm already invested in Ben, John and Chickie. I am not invested in anyone of the detectives so far, but that might change in the future.

I thought the episode was a great opening for the show, it left me wanting more, and I am dying to learn more about Ben Sherman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC and LP Fan (View Post)
I'm watching and really enjoying!
Glad you enjoyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kait (View Post)
I just love the ending with him speaking to the girl in the hospital.

Can't wait for next thursday!!
That was my favorite part too and I want next thursday so bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
I caught the premiere of Southland and i really liked what i saw earlier tonight. It was very gritty and realistic. Plus i must add that Benjamin gave a very good performance in it. He perfectly capture Ben Sherman`s anxiety and angst on his first day of the job. I`m looking forward to seeing next week`s episode.
I too loved the gritty feel of the show, it make it feel very realistic. It's also beautifully shoot in my opinion. They use those RED digital cameras, I think they use it on FNL too.

Ben does angst like no other!
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
-Michal- is offline   Reply With Quote