View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Melissa Ann
Elite Fan

Kate Winslet NEWS/MEDIA/ANNOUNCMENTS #1: Kate in the news is sunshine in my day!

Banner made by catch0621

Post reports, news/media/announcements you come across!

Upcoming Appearances/Nominations

* 5/31 MTV Movie Awards- Best Female Performance for The Reader
2009 MTV Movie Awards | Best Female Performance | MTV.com

Vote for Kate in the Sexiest Woman of 2009 Round 2

Sexiest Woman of 2009 Round 2: Seniors

Recent TV Moments

2009 Golden Globes Speech

YouTube - Kate Winslet wins Golden Globe Awards 2009 for The Reader
YouTube - Kate Winslet WINS the Golden Globe for Best Actress Drama for RR
Oprah-RR-Part 2

Videos

More....

YouTube - Kate Winslet On Letterman 1-8-09 Part 1
YouTube - Kate Winslet On Letterman 1-8-09 Part 2
YouTube - Kate Winslet on Ellen DeGeneres 12/16/08 (2 of 5)
YouTube - Kate Winslet on Ellen DeGeneres 12/16/08 (3 of 5)
Charlie Rose - A conversation about the film "Revolutionary Road"
YouTube - Kate Winslet wins her Oscar
YouTube - Kate Winslet's Double Win
YouTube - Kate Winslet won two GGs [E! interview]
YouTube - OSCARS 2009 Kate Winslet Red Carpet (photoshoot) HD
YouTube - SAG Awards 2009 Kate Winslet
YouTube - Revolutionary Road Interview - Kate Winslet & Leonardo DiCaprio
YouTube - Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet attend LA premiere
YouTube - KATE WINSLET WITH LEO ON REVOLUTIONARY ROAD
YouTube - Kate Winslet talks about her Oscar winning role - Oscars 2009!
YouTube - ET Leo and Kate
YouTube - Kate and Leo talk about Revolutionary Road
Winslet -- Cover Girl with Oscar Gold! | Extra
YouTube - Leonardo DiCaprio Awarded at Palm Springs Film Festival 2009 Exclusive First on YT

Recent Appearances

2009 Oscars

2009 SAG Awards

2009 BAFTA Awards

London Premiere of Revolutionary Road

2009 Golden Globes

L.A. Premiere of Revolutionary Road

Magazine Covers

Upcoming Photo Shoot for Harper’s Bazaar

Kate Winslet goes up in the world - literally - in daring New York rooftop photoshoot | Mail Online

FLARE.com: Entertainment - THE AMAZING KATE

Quote:
Kate Winslet is sitting on a mauve couch, looking outside the window of her penthouse suite in the Soho Grand Hotel. Her view of New York City’s infinite number of highrise condos and skyscrapers is offset by the sound of metal cranes droning away on a nearby building in progress. Rather than getting perturbed by the swirling mess of dirt, gravel and noise below her, Winslet is fascinated by the racket. “Look at all this construction!” she says, kicking up her well-worn black Louboutin heel. “With all that debris, they might as well be building a bloody empire!”

It’s easy to understand why the 33-year-old actor is so intrigued by the breaking of new ground—she’s been doing it on the silver screen for more than a decade. However, out of the more than 25 films she’s starred, costarred and cameo’d in (as well as helped narrate), nothing has elevated Winslet’s own empire like her two most recent pictures: The Reader and Revolutionary Road.

In her Oscar-winning role in The Reader, Winslet skilfully plays a German streetcar attendant–cum–Nazi guard in her late 30s who has an affair with a teenage boy who is so scandalously young, he could be a Jonas brother. In Revolutionary Road, Winslet tackles the psyche of an equally complex woman—a psychologically unstable newlywed living in Connecticut in the 1950s—someone who’s living in a world that makes Desperate Housewives look like High School Musical. Both films are hard-to-watch yet satisfying-to-finish pieces of cinema, showcasing Winslet’s range in a way that blows her Titanic persona right out of the water. Which is a tad ironic, as Revolutionary Road—directed by Winslet’s husband, Sam Mendes—reunites the British actor with her former Titanic costar and beloved friend, Leonardo DiCaprio, who plays her husband in the film. The three of them grew so close during the making of the project that Winslet now wears her wedding rings from Mendes as well as a mysteriously inscribed piece of gold gifted to her by DiCaprio shortly after the film was made. “Yes, [Leo’s ring] is engraved on the inside,” she maintains, “but I’m not going to tell you what it says,” she adds cheekily.

Another mystery is how Winslet kept her professionalism intact while filming Revolutionary Road’s pivotal love scenes with DiCaprio (while her husband directed them). It seems as difficult a job as the one she had trying to lure the average moviegoer into sympathizing with her portrayal of a Nazi war criminal in The Reader. Yet, Winslet’s talent, a byproduct of what she deems “a manifestation of something within me and an accumulation of life experience,” managed to get her through both scripts without a nervous breakdown and attract audiences and critics with equal force. One look at the recent additions to her trophy case—two Golden Globes, two BAFTAs, two SAGs and one Oscar—and even the most jaded Hollywood casting agent will tell you Winslet can make any script work.

“Yes, [all the awards] are absolutely an acknowledgment of our hard work and a testament to the long hours we’ve pulled,” Winslet says, referring to Mendes, who not only had to hear her talk shop about Revolutionary Road nonstop (on set and in bed) but she asserts he was the one who urged her to accept the lead in The Reader after Nicole Kidman dropped out of the project.

“But I don’t think [the awards] have necessarily boosted my confidence. If I was younger and going through this particular time, it might make a definitive impact. I know who I am now,” she states. This is probably one of the reasons why she decided to take a break from acting this year and signed on to be the spokesperson for Lancôme’s Trésor Sheer Fragrance perfume. It’s a job that brings with it a lot more glamour and a lot less drama than the emotionally wrought scenes she usually slaves over. “The biggest cliché about acting is that it is glamorous,” she says. “The process is wonderful, but there is nothing glamorous about it.”

Winslet was easily convinced by Lancôme to step off the set for a while, and she cites the company’s previous spokespeople as inspiration—namely, Oscar-winning actor Juliette Binoche and esteemed icon Isabella Rossellini. “I admire the fact that [Lancôme] has chosen women like them, since they are risk takers and powerful, warm souls. I’ve met them on several occasions and I know they are women who are comfortable in their own skin, strong-minded and passionate. There is no point in having a pretty face if you have an ugly spirit.”

"The Amazing Kate" has been edited for FLARE.com; the complete story appears in the May 2009 issue of FLARE.

Kate Winslet - The 2009 TIME 100 - TIME
Kate and Leo: Reunion Q&A! | Kate Winslet | Cover Story | Movies | Entertainment Weekly | 1
PARADE Magazine | Kate Winslet Exclusive Photos
Best Actress: Kate Winslet's Moment - TIME
Isn't She Deneuvely? | vanityfair.com

Recent News

wwww.katewinsletfan.com

Quote:
Kate Winslet is expanding her commitment to Lancôme.
The 33-year-old actress has now been asked to appear in advertisements of the brand’s Rénergie skin care and L’Absolu Rouge makeup lines.

The Oscar winning actress is currently the spokesmodel for their Trésor perfume,

There is no information on who will shoot the ads but legendary fashion photographer, Peter Lindbergh shot her in the recent Tresor campaign.

These new campaigns will launch in the U.S. in July and in Asia in September and for rest of the world in 2010. The Revolutionary Road actress has been working with the French beauty brand since 2007.

Stars to the rescue as last Titanic survivor struggles to stay afloat - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Quote:
Now Director James Cameron and actors Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet have contributed to a $30,000 fund which will ensure Millvina is financially secure for the rest of her days.....

....Mullan's challenge was first carried by the Sunday Independent and resulted in worldwide coverage from which the newspaper was contacted by the management of Leonardo DiCaprio. Mullan was also aided by Dublin businessman, Paul Coghlan, a friend of the famous fashion designer, Ben de Lisi, who, at Coghlan's request, brought the plight of Millvina Dean to Kate Winslet's attention.
The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)

Quote:
Winslet Sues Newspaper Over 'Nasty' Article
8 May 2009 6:25 PM, PDT

Oscar winner Kate Winslet is suing a British newspaper over an article which suggested she was 'The World's Most Irritating Actress'.

The star is seeking $225,000 (GBP150,000) from the Daily Mail after writer Liz Jones called her vain and accused her of lying about her fitness habits.

In an January 2009 article, under the headline 'Should Kate Winslet Win an Oscar for the World's Most Irritating Actress?' Jones wrote, "She caught a nasty dose of Hollywooditis. It happens to the best of them, of course it does. It is the duplicitousness that enrages me and most other women I have spoken to."

She also questioned a quote Winslet gave to Elle magazine, in which the actress said, "I don't go to the gym because I don't have time, but I do Pilates workout DVDs for 20 minutes or more every day at home."

In a lawsuit filed in London in April, Winslet insists the article "injured her personal and professional reputation" and left her feeling "distressed and embarrassed".

The suit adds, "(Winslet) was particularly upset by what she regarded as the very unpleasant and nasty way in which the article was written."
Tony Blair and Kate Winslet contribute to butterfly book - Telegraph

Quote:
Celebrities including Tony Blair and the actress Kate Winslet have contributed to a book of butterfly pictures compiled in memory of a young woman who died from leukaemia.....
To see Kate's art & for the rest of the article, click the link above

Kate Winslet and the 14th Annual Critics Choice Awards | Female Celebrity News

Quote:
The Critics Choice Awards are voted for by 200 TV and Radio and Online Film Critics from the US and Canada.

Kate Winslet steals the headline for us with her win of Best Supporting Actress in “The Reader” but she was unable to attend the event because she was attending the David Letterman Show for filming. Anne Hathaway had the dubious honour of sharing the Best Actress Award with non other than Meryl Streep.
Websites

Kate Winslet Fan�����|�����Your #1 resource for everything Ms. Winslet
Kinky Kate, la galerie

Last edited by *PassionateJ*; 06-19-2009 at 07:38 AM