View Single Post
Old 01-28-2005, 10:08 AM
ilovetheshins
Addicted Fan

Rory may not have helped the Lorelai-Chris-Luke situation, but ultimately, we are all responsible for our own actions. Which means, when Lorelai LIED directly to Luke's face, after he had confronted her about her lying, that was Lorelais' and not Rory's culpability.

Plus, mainly, Rory was racked with guilt, but Luke is not her boyfriend, and she has nothing to hide. Sometimes, these girls have such a huge schism between what is appropriate and what is not, a middle compromise does not seem logical to them, as much as it does to us. Oh well.

Superfically first, I thought Rory looked stunning. I seriously love her hair! (It's weird how much I have said that in recent times.) And the clothes... if people are not starting to see she's definitely become a beautiful young woman, and not just a cute girl, surely they are blind!

Character-wise, I did not find anything Rory did out of line. It wasn't ideal, but I cannot go on bashing her like many people on other boards or even this one. We're all human. She blew off Christopher, she knew it, but I can understand why she did so. Then later, she felt horrible, and reacted in a very compassionate way, I thought, in understanding he is human and needs support just like any other human. Personally, I thought that was great. But yeah, the lying to Luke... well, those girls have little concept sometimes of what is appropriate, but that does not mean I'm going to rake their personas over hot coals. Maybe I'm too lenient.