Thread: Story Adder #1
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 04:05 PM
autumnfoliage24
Total Fan

Thanks Jess!! I wasn't sure if it had been one thread that had gotten lost before...so I'm glad

--

This was a question that Olivia wasn't ready for.

Her mouth twitched, and her heart staggered in her chest. The summer night air between them was suddenly thick and hung with suspense.

"I..." Olivia began and then faded faintly, her heart hammering uncontrollably in her chest. She folded her tiny arms over her chest as if that would stop her heart from pounding so hard. "I don't want to settle down just yet," Olivia stammered numbly.

Caleb's soft face mollified further as his eyes bored into her, and he gave a small nod of understanding. He wrapped his arm tightly around her and gave her a gentle squeeze.

"Okay, Liv," Caleb sighed into her neatly combed hair, his fingers absentmindedly ruffling the silky strands. "You're right, too, you know. We're just twenty-two. There's still a lot we haven't seen."

Olivia nodded silently, her thoughts elsewhere. The night was heavy above them and enveloped them in deep navy blue, the expanse of the sky bottomless and velvety. Olivia lost herself in that beautiful sky and wondered about the future.

She wanted Caleb in it, didn't she?

But for some reason, she didn't see Caleb in her future like she thought she would. All she saw were her dreams; her aspirations coming true.