View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Raja
Passionate Fan

Episode seemed lighter than usual which is good. Drama is good but when you overdo the meldodrama you can overdose on it. And the show as coming close to that.

The affair just seems necessary. They are so many problems swirling around without that being thrown into the mix. The show has done a good job of having the characters juggle their problems and their neuroses while still maintaining a good balance of comedy and drama. If you throw too many things in the edifice will break down forcing the show to become too somber trying to resolve all of them or inappropriately dismissive and light in trying to quickly dismiss them. With the Madison bomb set to explode whenever they can get Sarah Lancaster back on the show this is just something the show doesn't need.

Amy becoming inappropriately obsessive over something? Never! Surprised she went for ballet since she should know that is a cruel cutthroat world that mow down an amateur such as herself. From her experience on the dance squad would've at her school would've expected something more in line with modern dance. Might be able to get her a scholarship to I don't know.... that wonderful mythical college we know is going to be invented for Ephram and Amy next year?

I still don't like Jake. While I don't dislike him enough that I'd necessarily want Irv to take him on a ride on the school bus and beat him half to death and leave his dying body in a cave on a distant mountain 50 miles outside of Everwood, I certainly would watch and enjoy that episode. His character still hasn't clicked and I can't help but ask myself... isn't that time that could be used to develop storylines for Bright, Delia, Hannah, or of course my favorite scenario... Laynie!

I liked Delia and Amy bonding at the end.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself