View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 09:19 PM
perfectlyscrewed
Passionate Fan

I could go on about Vinnie for a good long time, you know that. I mean, I know there's so much more to the fic than simply Vinnie, or just ships, it's a disservice to your writing and your wonderful grip on the characters as a whole to imply that it's all about who gets with who.

It's so much MORE than that. And I love it.

That said. I love Vinnie. And I think I always will. He will always be my favorite character. He's everything a character should be. He's not let off for his misdeeds nor is he simply condemed by them. He's both a protaganist and an antagonist. He's what ever person is. Alive. Real. True. He's his own worst Villian and his own greatest hero. Because what he does, is his own choice, he may have been mislead or afraid, but each thing he does is because he made the choice to, and you don't let him off the hook for that. But neither do you force him to be unredeemable. He's all the things I love about people and all the things I hate and how can you not love that. How can that character not be my favorite. It's easy to love Tracy or Seaweed or Link or anyone, but in someways they're to big to grasp. To much to understand. Vinnie is perfectly natural. And I love him.

Also as a wise narrator said and I pretty sure it can be about Vinnie:

There was a time, a time before cable. When the local dancers reigned supreme. When people believed everything they heard on TV. And in Baltimore, one dancer was more man then the rest. His name was Vinnie Von Tussel. He was like a god walking amongst mere mortals. He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo. In other words, Vinnie was the balls.

viktor/yurri. daria/trent. eli/grace.