View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm so behind...
Loyal Fan

I honestly dont know what my writing process is. I think it might be different with every story.

But when I had to write for classes...well you know how it is. They demand you to write about a certain thing and that messes up my ability to write when I am given limits.

My ultimate weakness is that I have a hard time just sitting down and getting to work. I have less writer's block with fanfic writing because I know now to only write stories were I know the whole beginning middle and end. These days it's getting easier for me to develop plot bunnies and make them strong because I take many months for them to grow in my head. Some only take a day or two if it's one I think is a super good idea and then all the sudden I'm at the computer writing.

My weakness is my wanting to rush my work to display. I usually miss out on adding good details or sentences to the story I add in my head later or I forgot were in my head when I was writing. My most recent fic I posted I took a little time and difficulty writing cause I was having problems sleeping and the lack of sleep was messing up my head.

I fear writing multichaps now...even if I know exactly where they're gonna go in future chapters, I fear I will write a few chapters and then my mind will wonder away from the story for months...most of the time years. (I have a few unfinished fics from years back cuz of my mind's wondering )

Still there are many situations (especially lately) where I'm surprised that I was able to flesh out something (without a whole lot of writer's block) and get it done!