View Single Post
Old 07-07-2003, 04:59 PM
*Vicki*
Supreme Fan

The story of my first encounter!
April 2000! Las Vegas, Nevada!

It all started while I was watching my favorite TV show "Roswell" , when a commercial came on. It
said that the cast was going to be signing autographs at Macy's on Sunday.
Dare I go? I called Trina and mentioned it to her, she replied "LET'S GO!" She is
always up for meeting stars and stuff like that. I am sure everyone has seen
Trina in her big movie debut - "Vegas Vacation"- she is the one playing
slots in the background during the scene where the Griswalds are trying to
win their money back at Keno after Clarke lost it all. Enough about Trina's
movie debut. It really has nothing to do with this story.

Sunday rolled around and we woke up early and made it to the mall by 9:15
am. Macy's doesn't open until 11am, so we waited and waited. Fortunately we weren't the only ones there at that time. There was already a short line forming in front of Macy's. We ran into two girls, Meredith and Maria, that I had met online early in the week when I was looking for info on what was happening at Macy's deal. We talked to them for a minute and decided we had better get in line. So we did. As we waited, we were given free movie passes to see the new movie "Gossip" (I never used them!). I noticed our local radio station, KLUC 98.5, setting up next to the entrance. I looked at Trina and said 'That's the station our friend Phil works for". He was the morning DJ and went by "Danger Boy". Trina went over to the table and asked if he would be showing up today. They told her YES! She came back to the line to tell me that he would be there. A few minutes later we saw what looked to be Phil. Trina went running after him to ask him a few questions. When she caught up with him, she realized it wasn't Phil but another guy, Luis, we knew from college. He explained that he is the marketing guy in charge of this event. CONNECTION! After she spoke with him for a bit longer she came back and told me everything he had told her. By the time she got back they began to
open the doors to Macy's to let us in. They led us in and made sure we were all in the same order that we were outside the door. We stood in line in front of this small stage they had set up. We noticed that there was 4 chairs set up on it behind the table. Above each chair was a poster with the actors pictures. First was Nick Wechsler of "Roswell" , next was Alyssa Milano of "Charmed", then Jason Behr of "Roswell" and last was Katherine Heigl of "Roswell". They handed us two
posters, one of "Roswell" (yes the season 1 poster) and one of "Gossip" and a Levi's t-shirt that said "Roswell".

After a while we heard some commotion coming from a clothes rack next to us. The security began to bring in the actors and then made them turn around and go back out for just a minute. I guess the crew wasn't ready for the actors to come out yet. Finally they did. WOW! Very good looking people. As we were waiting to get their autographs we were just watching them. There was a girl in a wheel chair. Jason Behr and Alyssa Milano came down off the stage and signed some photos and took some photos with her. I thought that spoke worlds for what kind of people Jason and Alyssa are. Not many actors would have done that. Finally it was time for us to go up to them and get our autographs. First was Nick. He ask me my name and I told him. I was a bit nervous and all I could say was "She's from New Mexico". Referring to Trina, she grew up in Albuquerque and so did he. They began a conversation about what highschool each of them went to and if they knew any of the same people. As I was listening to that I hear "Hi Vicki" I look over and it was Alyssa Milano. How did she know my name? Oh yea, duh, she heard me tell Nick what it was. HELLO! She was so warm and friendly I found it easy to talk to her. Next was Jason Behr. He is very good looking. I looked up at him and he asked my name. I said "Vicki" and just froze. He said with
an "i" or "y". All I could say was "i". I was shocked he even cared. WOW! He handed me the signed photo and said thank you and all I could say was thank you. I can't believe how quiet I got. Not like me at all. Last was Katherine Heigl, she is very sweet. As we started to leave Trina asked Jason if he was going to be at the Rum Jungle. He replied "Yes, I hear it's a nice place." I can't believe she asked him anything. Now that I think about I
guess I can believe it. She goes to many places alone and has no problem
talking to anyone. When we left Macy's and headed back into the Mall, we ran into Bo Jaxon the evening DJ For KLUC 98.5 . We asked him if Phil had shown up and he said no. We asked him if he knew anything about the VIP party over at the Nascar Cafe that the WB Las Vegas was holding. He wasn't sure on the info. We chatted with him a bit longer and then left. As we headed back to our car we saw the limo (SUV Limo) that was carting the
stars around. We decided not to wait for them to come out instead we headed
over to the Nascar Cafe VIP Party at the Sahara Hotel to see if we could get a glimpse of them going into to the VIP Party.

We got over there around 1pm. When we got to the cafe guess who we ran into? No really guess! Give Up? Our old friend Luis from college. He told us he was also the marketing person in charge of this event. We ask, no make that we begged, him to get us into the VIP Party. He left to see what he could do for us.When he came back he told us it was "No problem!" and asked "How many of you are there?". We said 3! He told us it would be just a bit before he could get us the wrist bands. So we waited. As we were waiting, we ran into Maria from earlier. She asked if we had seen anyone yet. We told her no. I couldn't say anything about Luis trying to get us in. He came back and handed me the passes. I had to explain to Maria how we got them and she understood. I felt bad that I couldn't get her in too. The 3 of us took off to an area where no
one could see us put on the wrist bands. There were a lot of people trying to get in. As I separated the bands, I noticed he gave us 4 instead of 3. I motioned for Maria to come over to us. I told her we had 1 extra band and
would her husband mind if she came upstairs with us. Being the wonderful guy he is, he let Maria join us. When we got upstairs, we looked around for the actors. They weren't there yet. So we noticed they had a buffet set up for the party. We grabbed some food and ate as we waited. Finally the introduced the actors. They kept them behind a rope so we wouldn't attack them all at once. We called Nick over to us first. He was real sweet and took pictures with all of us. Next was Greg? of "Felicity". He had thrown a t-shirt into the crowd as they walked out and Miranda had caught it. So he chatted with us for a while and took several pictures and signed Miranda's Shirt. Scott Foley of "Felicity" walked up to us while we were talking to Greg. He also sign Miranda's shirt and took pictures with us. Katherine Heigl of "Roswell" walked up to us next. She took pictures with us. She is so sweet. Next to come over to us was Alyssa Milano. As we were waiting for her we notice a fan crying because she was so excited to she Alyssa. Alyssa walked over to her and hugged her. She got her some tissues and water to help her calm down. I thought that was so sweet. She came over to us and we told her how wonderful she was. She said "Thank You" and took pictures with us. It was almost time for them to leave and I for one was not letting Jason leave without getting a picture with him. I called him over as he was leaving and asked him for a picture. He said sure and took pictures with all of us. He was so sweet, but I was still somewhat speechless around him. Miranda asked for a hug and he gave her one. She told him " I hope your show gets renewed for next season." They rest of us agreed and he said Thank You! and Good Bye! and smiled at us as he left the room. We hung around a bit long and watched as they paraded the actors downstairs and our to the limo. We finally headed downstairs too.
I know that was long winded. Here are some of the cute BTS stories. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

This was during the filming of "Summer of 47".

We drove late at night to watch them film in the middle of the desert(Saugus, Ca). It was the "Summer of 47" episode. As we approach the set we see what we thought was an extra heading for the phone, turns out as we got closer we could see it was Brendan in his uniform. I was surprised how well Brendan looked in his uniform. The dead give away that it was indeed Brendan was when we heard him talk on the phone, he was very loud. I could only guess who he was talking too, but we couldn't make out his conversation so I'll leave that alone.

Next, we decided to track down one of the security guards to see where we should stand. As we began to approach the set, we saw a blonde girl, who we thought was Katherine. Turns out PamJ2 looks like Katherine from the back. We sat and chatted with her, some of the crew and security, while the rest of the crew got the next scene set up.

Not so funny yet, huh? Here comes the funny part.

You all know the scene that has Jason and Brendan driving the big truck. During filming they had to keep backing up the truck and redoing it from different camera angles. At one point when they where backing up the truck it was headed straight for us. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] All I could see was Jason's EARS! They had a light behind Jason and his ears glowed. I had to laugh because that was the first time we had seen him in his uniform that night. They really stuck out, but he still looked amazing. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Another thing was Brendan's ability to drive a stick. He kept stalling and causing it to jerk. He and Jason just kept laughing.

Please ask before posting anywhere else. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-07-2003: Message edited *Vicki* ]