View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 03:24 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

MAKRO, great post as usual. I love your addition's as to how Harold also has tendencies to vicariously live through Andy and Ephram. So true. I love how you stated it.... "he's watching the manifestation of his dream." Seriously, it's not a coincidence that he not only wanted to be a surgeon but realized he didn't have the hands for it, but also explained in Shoot The Moon, to Ephram, how he also had a love and desire for piano.

I also entirely believe that Harold thinks that Ephram is a very nice fit for Amy now, and in the future. I love to compare his feelings for Ephram now, compared to the first season. While he certainly never disliked Ephram in season 1, I think he always thought something had to be wrong with him if he was Andy's son. I think he would be very pleased and secure with E/A getting married one day. What impresses me the most is the fact that Harold fully knows that Ephram impregnated Madison and yet, he still genuinely approves of Ephram for Amy. That says a lot about how highly Harold thinks of Ephram. Given how Harold has always shown a tendency to hate "town gossip," I'd be surprised if he hasn't thought about what juicy bit of news it would be when everyone would discover that the son of Dr. Brown, impregnated a girl that was a bit older than him, never knew about it until later on as Dr. Brown and even Harold Abbott had prior knowledge about the news but never spilled, and not to mention, Amy Abbott, daughter of Dr. Harold Abbott, is dating and in love with Ephram Brown. Anyway, I'm very impressed that throughout everything, Harold approves of Ephram and given the insane amount of chemistry that Greg and Tom have on the screen together, I am highly disappointed at the limited amount of scenes given to Harold and Ephram. What a shame and they are really missing the boat on furthering this relationship given that most evidence points to (hopefully) a future for E/A.

Also, great point about the Princeton deal. I do wonder if it will ever come out that Ephram wrote Amy's essay and maybe, just maybe, that could be why she ends up coming home? Then again, that situation, like you said, might scar her from getting in anywhere else and I definitely don't see them going there.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-20-2005 at 03:30 PM