View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 07:03 PM
smoothaise
Elite Fan

Ok, the "Previously On Everwood" was a good thing to have, because I actually forgot most of what happened during the first half.

So typical to start the show off with an Ephram/Amy scene. But ... I did like her comment that it was "Desperate Coffee". And apparently, she probably did want to do that, because she gave it up to be with Ephram. And obviously, Ephram doesn't realize that the girl needs her space. Although, I am enjoying them more apart, then together Because I miss him pining for her like he did in the first season. Ahh ... Season One.
-----------
Ok ... I think I have never been more conflicted with a main character then when Carrie Bradshaw had an affair with Mr. Big while dating Aidan. The idea of the main character being the "bad guy" is rather intriguing, and makes for great drama.

I feel so bad for Irv, but I think my sympathy is leaning towards Edna because he's putting her in this funk. I hope they figure out a happy medium.

Amy and Hannah's scene with the "Sex and the City" tbs marathon, But, she's right. And I'm glad there still mentioning Hannah's disease.

The scene with Andy/Amanda was hard to watch. Im glad she's leaving for a while, and she's done with him, but what Andy must feel. The flashbacks were a nice touch.
-----------------
I'm glad to see Bright/Ephram friends again. I think that was one of the things I missed the most this season. To see that again, was cool. And I think Bright's right. I don't wanto to believe him, but he might be.

Wow, Edna bought Irv an office. But, something tells me it's not enough. Is it just me or did he look confused as hell when he saw the laptop.

The dinner scene was great! Chicken Cordon Bleu with Potato Salad. Amy's hostility and coldness was great. I liked when she said "2 idiots for the price of one".

And then the scene w/ Andy and Harold, so much agression and concern. And then Andy ... Wow! I hope he's ok. There was blood.
-------------------
How funny was Jake with the balloons, and the yoga.

Poor Edna/Irv, I had a feeling that wasn't going to be enough. Its funny, because Edna/Irv have the same relationship as A/E if you think about it. Irv has nothing, so does Amy. Edna has family, life, a job, and Ephram has his music, etc. It's weird to see that comparrison with the two couples.

The E/A argument outside the house was done beautifully, and I agreed with Amy. She did give up everything, and 85% of the time she was in the music room w. Ephram. Now, she realizes that she should have had a backup plan. Thankfully Ephram sent the application, so we know what that will lead to. She'll have ab Ephramless option.

Andy and Ephram's scene in he hospital was another scene that just blew me away. I like that Ephram knew what was going on, and didn't blow up over it. He;s become quite mature over the years. In the past, he would have overreacted.
------------------
Hannah and Bright - Yeah! I wanna see this happen. "That is one good looking sandwich".

Poor Edna/Irv, what a way to end that couple. I wonder if there seperation is temporary. I hope so.

E/A - I'm glad she apologized because it wasn't his fault, but I have a feeling there relationship is going to go down hill now, with Amy getting other things done, and meeting new people. Im happy to see them reconcile though, because Ephram loves her so much, and her being cold to him was killing him.

Andy and Amanda - A very weird way to end the episode with them. I like that he brought up that Julia had an affair and how it made him feel. And how h said it wouldn't be a fair fight. Because ... um, it wouldn't.
----------------
Previews - Mr. Green from Dawson's Creek is her dance teacher! Wow ... Jake's girlfriend is back. She was on 'Tru Calling'. And poor Amy, being knocked down by both her father and her dance teacher about being a ballerina. I wonder though if she truly wants to be a dancer, and just feels she has no passion in her life.

credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 01-17-2005 at 07:57 PM