View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 03:00 AM
*Vicki*
Supreme Fan

I Married An Alien

EXT. PARK - DAY
A few hours later, Eric is sitting at a picnic table across from SHARON (50s) a social worker. Eric is making noted on a pad

SHARON: All adoptions and foster records are supposed to be confidential.

ERIC: Look, I won't use your name in the article and I won't quote you directly. I'm just trying to do some background research on Michael Guerin and I was wondering if you could help.

Sharon hesitates, looks away and shakes her head.
SHARON: Guess it was just a matter of time before somebody started asking questions...

Eric tries not to show his building excitement.
ERIC (not as sure as he sounds) Yeah, I mean... c'mon... you knew somebody was going to ask.. right?

SHARON: Right. (sighs) The first incident was in 1989, right after we found him. The county placed him into a foster home that we knew to be a reliable, steady environment. He'd been there less than two days before we got a phone call about... an unusal event.

ERIC: Event...?

SHARON: They said that Michael made the kitchen table levitate off the floor. About three feet off the floor.

ERIC: Go on.

SHARON: They were very religious people and they felt that Michael was... possessed or something so we placed him in another home. But, about a week after that...

ERIC: You got another call?

SHARON: This time, they said Michael got angry and that -- this sounds crazy, I know, but if you'd heard that father's voice on the phone -- they said Michael got angry and melted their television. With his hand.

Eric shakes his head, scribbles furiously.
ERIC: How many more of these... incidents are there?

SHARON: About a dozen.

ERIC: And this is all documented in County records?

SHARON: You think we're gonna put something like that in a government file? There's not a word of it in any of their records.

ERIC: Their records?

SHARON: Michael, Max and Isabel.

Eric freezes, stares at her.

SHARON (CONTD): I mean, granted that Max and Isabel only had the one incident reported, but they were only in one foster home before they were adopted.

ERIC: (stunned) Right...

SHARON: (conspiratorial) You know, they say that psychic phenomena runs in certain families. Well, if you ask me, I think all three of those kids are related.

Eric swallows hard, excitement building....
*Vicki* is offline   Reply With Quote