View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 02:53 AM
*Vicki*
Supreme Fan

DESTINY

MAX: You were just trying to stop him. I know you didn't mean to kill him.

MICHAEL: That's just it, Maxwell. I did want to kill him. That's all I could think of. And then it just... happened. (beat) What kind of person does that make me?

MAX: We would have died if hadn't been for you.

MICHAEL: Bottom line, Maxwell. I kill people, you heal them. You're good, I'm bad.

MAX: That's not true, Michael.

MICHAEL: It's me, I'm not safe. Whatever I can do now, I can't control it. Look what I did to Pierce. I'm not going to take any chances with you. I don't want you to be around for what happens next.

MARIA: Don't do this to me, Michael. You need me now, more than you ever have before.

MICHAEL: I don't need anybody.

MARIA: Maybe I do, have you ever thought of that? Max and Liz, they can't bear to be separated. But you, you're ready to just throw me away. Why, Michael, why?

MICHAEL (blurting it out): Maybe because I love you too much. Have you ever thought of that?

MICHAEL (cont'd): Goodbye.

MARIA (simply): I just hope you find what you're looking for. (fighting emotion) Because I don't think you realize what you're giving up.

Here is how these scenes aired:

MAX: You were just trying to stop him. I know you didn't mean to kill him.

MICHAEL: But that's just it. I wanted to kill him. I mean, that's all that I could think about. I wanted him dead. Knowing that, I just did it. It just happened. What kind of person does that make me?

MAX: We would have been dead if you didn't help us.

MICHAEL: No! The bottom line Maxwell, I kill people. I kill people, you heal them. (Maria walks over) You're good, and I'm bad.

MAX: It's not true, Michael.

MICHAEL: Just get out of here.

MARIA: What are you talking about?

MICHAEL: It's not safe.

MARIA: It's never been safe. What difference does it make now?

MICHAEL: No, I'm not safe. All right, I mean, I can do these things that I can't control. Look at what I did to Pierce. I'm not going to take that chance with you. I don't want you to be around for what's going to happen.

MARIA: Wait. Don't do this to me Michael, please. You need me now, more than you have before, alright?

MICHAEL: No, I don't need anyone.

MARIA: Well, maybe I do. Did you ever think of that? I mean, look at Max and Liz. They can't bear to be separated. But you, you can just throw me away. Just like that. Why is that, Michael? Why?

MICHAEL: Maybe because I love you too much. Goodbye.

*Vicki* is offline   Reply With Quote