View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 12:55 AM
White Lady of Rohan
Extreme Fan

This conversation is fun. I just hope we don't get in trouble for sort of being OT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airie75
As to the first part, though I think he was an ass for saying what he did to her, especially when she was defending him, I couldn't help getting the feeling that YoungSnape had a little crush on YoungLily and was trying, a little too much , to keep that hidden.
Totally. I could see Snape having a crush on Lily while they were in school and him not wanting her to know. I also see it as maybe a little bit of male pride when he said that to her. He's a teenage boy that has a girl sticking up for him. I know it's childish but that's how boys can be so it's understandable. I don't excuse what he called her though.

Quote:
And...yeah, his baseless bitterness toward Harry bothered me. But I think he mostly knew his place as far as HOW bad he could treat Harry. And, since I'm one of those "People let Harry get away with too ****ing much" kind of thinkers, the part in PoA, for example, even though he got thoroughly overexcited trying to get Harry busted for sneaking off campus...I was actually rooting for Harry to get busted, because he needed to understand he can't just do any stupid thing he wants and ignore sense and stuff.
I know what you mean. Harry was told he shouldn't go and yet he did it anyway. He has a tendency to have this "I'm Harry Potter. I can do anything I want." way of thinking and then when he gets into trouble for it he doesn't understand why. Even though Snape and Harry have their differences, I really truly think that Snape wants to protect Harry no matter how he feels about him and I'm sure that Snape never wanted James and Lily to die.

Quote:
But, he did get away with it (*sob*) and went on doing whatever the hell he wanted, with people sneaking him out of trouble all the time... I really don't think he "makes Harry's life miserable." I think he's a nuisance to Harry, and that's about it. I mean, as much as Harry might overdramatize, there are so many worse things happening to him and so many bigger problems he has, and, hell, we probably have, than a Snape. (I will also add that Snape dropping Harry's vial on purpose was really infantile and I was ashamed that he would do that. But I share his festering rage at Harry for going into the Pensieve; NOTHING gives him the right to do that--not curiosity, not a desire to get revenge for anything...NO. That is one of the most disgusting things a character has done over the course of AT LEAST the immediate plot of those books and I wanted to hurt Harry myself. Those are people's private ****ing thoughts. You do not get to know them unless they let you. Asschild. *exhales*)
No kidding. I couldn't believe that Harry would be that stupid. It was nice that Harry had sympathy for Snape after and he realized that his father was a bully.

But, like Ana Luthor said, It made for one of the best chapters.

Quote:
Remus yelling at Harry about sneaking off campus in PoA made me feel some better, though. I knew he would do it, and I was SO HAPPY when he did. My Remy don't let me down!
I know! His favorite teacher yelled at him and it was great because you know Harry felt bad after that one.