View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Just Peachy.
Fan Forum Hero

Finally an Australian article on Emilie

Quote:

Rising star: For Emilie de Ravin, it's been quite a ride from ballet dancing in Mt Eliza to jet-setting TV star
Picture: Bill McAuley

Emilie a Ravin beauty

03jan05

REMEMBER the name Emilie de Ravin because we think it's a name you're going to be hearing a bit of.

With a hit US television series about to air in Australia and breathtaking looks, the Melbourne girl could very well be our next big thing.
De Ravin stars alongside Party of Five's Matthew Fox as a pregnant teen stranded on a desert island in Channel 7's new series, Lost.

The brainchild of Alias creator J.J. Abrams, Lost is in its third month of screening in the US and has been nominated for a Golden Globe for this month's awards show.

It was also the second highest rating new drama in the US this year after Desperate Housewives.

The 23-year-old de Ravin -- who grew up in Mt Eliza and went to Toorak College -- fell into acting almost accidentally after several years of performing with the Australian Ballet School.

"I just thought I had always wanted to try this and if I don't now I'll never do it . . . and I loved it," she said.

"I know I've made the right decision (to pursue acting) but I do miss the ballet."

A few auditions later, de Ravin landed a role in TV show Beastmaster and later Roswell.

She told The Eye last week that life is going just brilliantly for her and after hearing her schedule, we know what she means.

In Melbourne to visit family for Christmas, de Ravin will head back to exotic Hawaii this week where filming for Lost continues.

Then she's off to the Golden Globes on January 16 and later to the Sundance Film Festival in Utah where the independent film she stars in, Brick, will premiere.

Amid that hectic line-up, she is also hoping to spend some time in LA where she lives with her two favourite things, actor boyfriend Josh and poodle Bella.

She said Josh and Bella would definitely be the two things she would choose to take to a deserted island.

"Also a good book but I'd probably get bored of that after a while and a good brush because my hair gets quite tangled."

Lost screens on Channel 7 from next month.

Source: Herald Sun