View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 02:00 PM
lovebird
Addicted Fan

I found more Shane's pics at The Lodger premiere:

And i found this article posted by Simon Baker Fan...and she talks about Shane at premiere ..SEE HERE:

Papa Razzi - The Lodger

Quote:
Pardon my lack of posting...I have no more time for you little people. Just like Mr. Jefferson...I'm moving on up. I got to attend my first world movie premiere tonight - red carpet and all! I mean, *I* didn't get to walk down the red carpet...I got to go to through the "regular person" entrance. But it was cool. I totally jest about moving on up though...this was just a special thing my work organized...probably because I the movie wasn't attracting an audience any other way...and I doubt it will happen again anytime soon.

The movie is a horror/suspense film called The Lodger starring Simon Baker, Hope Davis, Alfred Molina, and Shane West. It's a really good cast, but the film has not received much publicity (it opens on 1/23). Unfortunately Simon didn't make the premiere, but Shane West was there and he was looking pretty hot with a mostly shaved head. I waved at him at one point (this is after he probably noticed me smiling at him a lot trying to get the nerve to ask for a photo w/him...which I never did)...but I waved and he smiled and waved back and then made a "who the **** was that" look to his girlfriend.

There was an odd mix of celebrities there - Sugar Ray Leonard, Rita Wilson (aka Mrs. Tom Hanks), Mel Harris (from Thirtysomething), Donal Logue, and Ted McGinley and his wife Gigi Rice. But, the most exciting star for me was The Ricker himself...Mr. Rick(y) Schroder. I was a huge fan of Silver Spoons...but since then he'd done a lot of dramas and westerns including NYPD Blue and 24. He was nice enough to take a picture with me (below) and I overheard him telling some kids (maybe his) the story of Sam Hill...as "who in the Sam Hill do you think you are?" Awwww... so cute.

There was one interesting thing that happened - as the stars were making their way down the red carpet, one of the security guards (big black guy wearing a suit and ear piece) fainted and hit his head on the sidewalk. And what did MOST of the people there do? Nothing...they continued on smiling for the paparazzi/photogs...networking...bull****ting about whatever. A few people did help the guy...and I was able to take my eyes off the Ricker for a few moments to make sure the guard was going to be OK. Now, a lot of the stars didn't even know it had happened...but several of the non-celebrity industry folks did notice and did nothing. Typical Hollywood I guess. You know if Tom Cruise was there, he would have rushed over in a heartbeat and helped...because Scientologists are the only ones who can help. Why are there never any scientologists around when you need them???
Beautiful eyes!

Elsa