View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 12:15 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by MAKRO
WILPEN:
And to think this thread was originally titled "5 Best Everwood Moments"....
I know!

Quote:
Amy had just been shocked into realizing she had built her life around an idealized memory of a version of Colin that didn't exist anymore. And that she didn't have any firm obligation to this new Colin; thus removing the burden of guilt she was carrying about her feelings for Ephram, and putting her in a postion where she could choose him over Colin. If Ephram had been a tiny bit less selfless at that point, he could have had Amy right then. I think her decision to stay with Colin was more a result of how she wanted to feel about herself, than a reflection of her feelings for Colin relative to those for Ephram. Once Ephram reminded her about loyalty and devotion, she couldn't allow herself any other course.
Unfortunately, the choice she made brought back the guilt factor over her increasing feelings for Ephram, thereby creating the Amy who treated Ephram like crap for most of the rest of the season. If only Ephram knew how close he had come. [/B]
WORD. That's EXACTLY how I see it.

Amy WANTED Ephram to tell her to give up on Colin. Ephram could have had Amy right then and there. She was absolutely begging him to give her the incentive to give up on Colin. But what did Ephram do? He selflessly pushed her back to Colin. He amazingly put his deep feelings for her aside and also rejected her feelings for him, by telling her to not give up on Colin. He put Amy and C/A front and center and sacrificed his feelings and the potential of E/A in the process. Amy was ready to become romantic with Ephram during this amazing moment. Ironically, it was Ephram that backed down. All Ephram had to do was give her the slightest hint that he was with her, and they probably would have been making out right then and there. I have always felt that this moment was huge because it proved how Amy was staying with Colin more out of loyalty/devotion over anything else.

Love this exchange in "Vegetatve State": (Amy is crying and Ephram is teary eyed as Ephram is telling Amy to remain loyal to Colin)
Amy: How come you're so smart?
Ephram: I'm not, believe me. If I was, I would be wearing a warmer jacket right now, and I wouldn't be telling you to go back to your boyfriend.
Amy: Ephram..
Ephram: I wish it was different. I do. I wish I was here first, but I wasn't. The truth is, he needs you. He needs your help to get better.

What Ephram did was the most selfless act I have ever seen. Even Amy told Ephram later on that Ephram was responsible for the dedication that Amy continued to give Colin.

Last edited by jediwands; 12-15-2004 at 12:55 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote