View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Great post Nikki, and as another veteran of WB shows, you definitely know what you’re talking about. I often thought that the WB’s heavy handed “management” of Dawson’s Creek ruined that show, and entire storylines and characters were often scrapped in accordance with the results of the latest Nielsen ratings or Internet poll, and I really hated that about the show. Like I said, what we want on a show and what we get are often two different things, and I guess I should have learned my lessons about that from watching Dawson’s Creek, but I hoped, and still naively have hope, that maybe things would be different with Everwood.

I can understand the need to have cliffhangers to keep an audience interested, but there are good cliffhangers and bad cliffhangers. A good cliffhanger was when Dawson kissed Joey at the end of Season One of Dawson’s Creek, or when we didn’t know if Colin had lived or died at the end of Season One of Everwood, but the cliffhangers we got the other night were examples of bad cliffhangers. I’m not anxiously waiting to tune in to see if Ephram and Amy break up, or if Andy and Amanda have an affair, and those two cliffhangers left me angry and disillusioned, so bad job, The WB, so I’m not happily looking forward to tuning into your next “Fresh Episode” of Everwood.

Side note: Is anyone else as sick of the term “On the next “Fresh Episode” of Everwood” as I am? What a lame concept!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote