View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 06:08 AM
MAKRO
Part-Time Fan

JERRY D:
If you've read any of my posts from this week, you'll know that I agree with you one hundred percent. I find Ephram and Amy together and happy far more compelling than Ephram and Amy fighting, or worse yet, apart. People who have viewed the show from the beginning had to go through almost two years of watching the E/A relationship progress through all the stages before reaching its culmination last week. Then we are rewarded be having trouble come again the very next episode, with ominous foreshadowings that this pattern will continue.
Not only do I find this annoying (I though Everwood was above this), but to me it is beginning to indicate that this will become just another show. Which would be a shame. I'm trying to keep the faith, and I do enjoy most of the other characters, but to me the E/A relationship is the heart of the show. If we aren't allowed to believe they will finally be able to attain, and MAINTAIN, happiness over a period of time, why watch?
Plot devices aside, I'm particularly disturbed by the way the writers have their characters acting so uncharacteristically. Ephram suddenly a self-destructive thrill-seeker? E/A with no passion visible, so soon after the cabin? Bright suddenly Ephram's wing man and romantic advisor? Bright giving Ephram advice that would risk hurting Amy? Andy jumping into romance with Amanda just after lecturing Ephram on the difference between thinking and doing? Even Dr. Abbott as Mr. Holiday? None of it makes sense. Thank God for Delia and the sweet Amy/Hannah happenings.
This is the type of writing (and the types of plot manipulations) that makes shows mediocre. If this happened to Everwood, it would be too bad.

Last edited by MAKRO; 12-01-2004 at 06:24 AM
MAKRO is offline   Reply With Quote