View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Maatix5
New Fan

I feel like I'm throwing walls of text at you guys, and I'm sorry if it's harder to read this way.

Chapter 6:

And so it began. I had half an hour to defeat a scorpion 5 times my size, using only two swords which I could materialize and de-materialize at will. If anyone... ANYONE... could come and help me, I would suggest you get down here before I get crushed!

For the first ten minutes, all I could do was leave little cuts on the huge thing and dodge. Trust me, dodging an attack that big is no easy task. Plus, I was trying to find a weak spot the whole time. Not only that, but I barely have any skill with swords. Hell, this is my first time ever holding a sword! How am I supposed to do this???

I began getting slightly tired, and the scorpion's swings began connecting. I think my arm should have broken, as well as about five of my ribs, but somehow, they didn't. After fifteen minutes, Izumi yelled, "Maybe it wasn't a good idea to put a half hour time limit on this fight. I'm getting a little worried!" Way to keep my confidence up. However, as she yelled that, I made a large gash it the beast's stomach. Bingo! I have to attack the stomach!

Meanwhile, I began testing the extent of my materialization powers. It seems I can materialize any item anywhere I want. Not only that, but I can use the same energy I use to materialize and de-materialize items to imbue those items with more power. I may be able to do this after all!

I dematerialized both weapons and waited for an opening. I saw it approach, preparing to pounce at me, and that was my chance. I rematerialized the swords right in front of the scorpion, imbued them with energy, and threw them forward into the beast's stomach.

Twenty minutes had passed. I had slain my first beast.

Izumi appeared behind me and said, "Alright! I always knew you could do it!" Hmph, then what was that last statement all about? That's the last thing I remember thinking before I passed out.

I awoke a few hours later. The sun had gone down, and Izumi appeared to have gone to sleep. Not wanting to wake her, I slowly got out of bed and tried to comprehend what had happened. In one day, my life had gone from that of a boring, ordinary high school student, to that of an exciting anime, me being the main character who always gets into trouble. Not only that, but I had a cute girlfriend, plus a cute roommate.

I noticed a note on the counter. "Meet me in the park at 12:30 AM. Don't be late! ~Yuko"

Apparently, she had come by while I was sleeping and placed the note on the counter. I looked at the clock, and it was only 11:30. I decided that I should go take a look around town for the next hour to try and find the park. I should know where I'm going if I have to live here.

Turns out I live pretty close to all the hangout spots. The pizza parlor is to the south, the park is to the north, the mall is to the west, and the arcade is to the east. The school is a bit further west past the mall, but I chose not to go all the way down there. Yuko told me those are the places we normally hang out.

By the time I got back to the park, it was 12:37, and there she was, sitting on the bench. I hope I didn't make her wait too long.

"Oh good! You're here!" she said excitedly. "I was starting to think you didn't get my note. Izumi told me you had passed out after work when you got home, so I left a note."

Good old Izumi... She has an excuse for everything I guess...

"So anyway, what did you want to see me about?" I asked.

"Well... I was wondering about that Izumi girl... Is she really just a maid?" she asked.

"I guess you could say a personal trainer as well, but yeah, she just cooks, cleans, and gives me some advice about working out. That's all. Why, were you worried I was cheating on you?" I asked.

Blushing furiously, she replied, "N..No, I... It just seemed wierd how she was in your house directly after our date, that's all..." It seemed like I hadn't convinced her.

I took her hand, looked her in the eye, and said, "Don't worry. There's nothing going on between us. I would never cheat on anyone, especially not you."

Now, she was completely red. "O... Ok... I trust you." she said, seemingly convinced. "W... Would you... mind spending the night at my house?" she asked, even more red than before.

Seeing as how I couldn't invite her over my house with Izumi sleeping there, I said, "Alright, I'll be over in a little bit. Just lemme go get some stuff for tommorrow morning since we have school."

"Ok!" she said, with the largest grin I had ever seen her have. "See you in a few minutes!" She rushed off to her house.

She is really cute when she's happy.