View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Maatix5
New Fan

Chapter 5:

"Oh... Hi Yuko... Umm... Th.. This isn't what it looks like..." I said. I sounded like such a liar. "Help me out here Izumi!" I whispered.

"Oh, so you're the infamous Yuko!" Izumi said as she went to shake Yuko's hand. I saw Yuko begin to back away, since the situation was so awkward. "Shigeru has told me so much about you! This situation seems very awkward, but don't worry. I'm Shigeru's maid. There's nothing going on between us. It's so nice to finally meet you!" Geez, straight to the point, eh?

"Ummm... Ok, I guess I believe you..." she said, still feeling very awkward. "Anyway, I just came here to return his jacket. I won't bother you two any longer. See you in school tomorrow Shigeru!" She rushed out the door before I could say anything. Argh, I must look like such a jerk right now!

"Alright, so I look like the biggest jerk in this reality now, and I've only been here one day. Could you please continue explaining how this reality differs from my reality?" I asked, wanting to get away from the subject as quickly as possible.

"Well, first of all, you and Yuko both have a special power. As of right now, neither of you can use that power to it's full extent. However, as time goes on, you will begin to rely on that power. You two will know when the power has been activated, but neither of you will know when each other's power is activated. Right now, if you tell her, she will consider you crazy. You must find a way to tell her indirectly or she will not believe you." she said.

So find a way to tell her, indirectly, that we have powers which no one can explain. Anyone else thinking "Mission Impossible?"

"For now," she continued, "you must learn to defend yourself. There are people who will come after Yuko and yourself. You have to learn to fight them off, or both of you will be killed."

And in comes the main evil-doer! My entire wish, the whole thing, is completely coming true! Show me a mech fight and everything will be perfect!

"How will I defend myself against these, well, 'things?'" Who knows? They may not even be human.

"Well, there are times you will need to defend yourself with weapons." she said, searching through the cabinets filled with weapons. Suddenly, she tossed two swords at me. "Catch!" she yelled.

I nearly sliced off my arms and legs, but I managed to catch them in both hands. "Yeah, I can definately carry these around in school and such, right?" I said sarcasticly.

"Well, this is where the small bit of power you have obtained comes in handy." she replied. "Focus your energy to your hands, then let it flow into the swords."

I tried, and suddenly, I realized the swords were gone! I wasn't holding them anymore!

"Ok, now do the same thing, but let the energy that flows out of you take the shape of the swords." she said.

Again, I did. Suddenly, there they were again! I could materialize and de-materialize anything I touched! "Ok, so clearly I have some sort of special power. Is this all I can do?" I asked.

"Of course not!" she replied. "This is only stage one of your powers. As your powers progress, you will realize yourself that you can do much, much more. Anyway, now that you know how to hide your weapons until you need them, let's begin your training!"

The world around me began to disintegrate, and I suddenly awoke in a desert. Having no idea what was going to happen, I held my weapons close and awaited whatever was going to come at me.

Suddenly, an earthquake struck! No... This was different... Coming from beneath me! I quickly got away, but I was thrown back by the sand as the beast crawled up from underneath the ground. I stood up, and saw my opponent was a large scorpion! It was huge, at least 5 times my size! And on it's forehead stood Izumi, still having the cute smile she always wore.

"Let's see if you can defeat this little guy!" she yelled. "You have half an hour, or else I will be eaten alive!"

Well now, asking of the impossible is commonplace here I guess.