View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Maatix5
New Fan

Here's chapter 4:

I managed to get through the rest of the day, nearly unharmed. Of course, everytime I disagreed with Yuko, I was attacked. Luckily, though, there were no broken bones, no cuts, bumps, bruises, etc. I got back to my house without a single mark.

I walked in the door and, waiting for me at the kitchen table, was the girl from the other day.

"You're home!" she said excitedly. "I was expecting you to get home earlier. At least call when you're going to be out so late!"

That would work... If I knew my phone number, where I was, what her name was, and where my phone was...

"Anyway, didn't you have something you needed to explain to me?" I asked.

"Oh, right! I nearly forgot!" she said. "Well, as you may have already realized, this is a completely different place than where you were yesterday. Nothing is as it was. Your family exists, but is not in the area. You exist, but the people who once knew you may or may not. This isn't to say you're in a different world. Rather, you're in a different reality."

That.... actually didn't sound too far-fetched. I mean, everyone knows me, but I don't know them. Somehow, another me was here at one point, and created this life for me.

"Another thing," she continued, "is that the people you meet here that you once knew will be completely different than the people from your reality. For example, if i'm not mistaken, the other me is shy while I... Well... I'm not."

"Before you go on, I need to ask you a question." I said. "What happened to the other me? Did he also get a wish granted like I did?"

"That's right! He wished to go to a reality similar to yours, while you wished to go to a reality similar to his. You two have basically switched lives."

Well now, that's pretty strange. Who would want to go to a reality like my old one? Then again, I guess he might be thinking the exact same thing.

"What happens if he doesn't like my reality?" I asked.

"Then he will return here. However, as long as you remain here, he will remain there. There is no choice involved." she said.

Well, I feel kind of bad for him now. I will never want to return to my reality. If he ever wanted to return here, it's tough luck for him!

"Ok, so would you mind telling me your name?" I asked.

"Oh, right! Silly me, I keep forgetting to tell you my name! My name is Izumi. It's nice to meet you, Master!"

Again with her calling me Master... "Ok, another thing... Why do you keep calling me Master?"

"Hmph. You really don't know anything do you?" she said. "I call you Master because I am your servant! I do what you ask, such as cook and clean. No one other than you can see me, even if they walked straight into the house. Well, only you and one other person..."

"And who is that other person?"

"She's your classmate, Yuko."

Of course... The psycho is the only other person who can see this girl living in my house... If she were to drop in for a surprise visit right now...

"Hey Shigeru! You forgot... your... jacket..." said Yuko, barging in the front door. Oh crap... I'm in trouble now, aren't I?