View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Maatix5
New Fan

Just as I thought things couldn't get any worse...

"What did you do to Hikari???" A familiar voice screamed. It was the voice of the girl on the phone, and as I expected, she wasn't happy.

Now, I had two choices. The first, tell the truth to this girl just like I did with the girl before, who ran off crying. The second, was to attempt to run away. I picked the latter.

BZZZT. Wrong choice. The hill had tired me out too much, and she easily caught me, tackling me to the ground. I braced for impact, expecting her to break me in two.

Instead, she held me by the hair, looked at me, and very calmly asked, "What did you do to Hikari? Why did she run off crying?"

Having no other option, I told her, "Well, I accidently fell and hit my head this morning. When I woke up, I could barely remember anything. So when I asked her for her name, since I couldn't remember what it was, she got upset and ran away. By the way, so I know for later, what is yo-"

I was interrupted by a fist, nearly cracking my jaw in half. Sure, hit me when I'm not ready.

"You expect me to believe a story like that? Come on! And I bet you were about to ask me what my name was too, right? At least come up with a believable story if you're going to lie!" she screamed.

It took me a minute to recover from her punch, but I got up and replied, "You don't believe me? After all I've been though today, I should just go back home and never leave! Jesus Christ, I don't have to deal with this!"

Something happened while I went through with that rant. She seemed to have been convinced by my performance, because she seemed to look guilty for hitting me. However, she also collapsed to her knees, nearly crying. Apparently, I'm really good at making girls upset here.

Feeling a little guilty myself, I said, "Listen, I'm sorry, but I really can't remember much. Could you please remind me what your name was?"

She replied, in a very soft voice, "My name is Yuko... You and I were going on our first date together today... Please... Tell me you didn't forget that at least?"

SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND??? The psycho who almost split my jaw in two??? Well, thinking about how my wish had gone, I guess it wasn't too hard to believe. Knowing what would happen if I told her I didn't know, I lied.

"Of course I didn't forget. I've just had a bit of trouble with names. We were going to the mall together to get you some new jewelery, right?"

Apparently, my lie worked completely. Her face lit up like the fourth of July, and she said, "Oh thank goodness! It would have been so awkward to go on our first date if you didn't remember!" You're telling me... "Anyway, lets go get me that new necklace!"

I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy living in this world.