View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 06:38 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
This is the first time I'm hearing this. I didn't know that.
No? Oh, well, I started watching for Ephram/Andy, Andy/Harold, and most of the older characters more than anything. I didn't start to appreciate Amy and Ephram until a little later in the first season. Not that much later, though, like around Ephram bringing board games in the hospital later. So, 8 episodes? Not too late at all. I certainly didn't watch for them at first. But Everwood is one of those shows, I think anyway, where everything is so good, that no matter what you started watching for, you get to appreciate and connect with everything. I connect big time with the characters, and by the time in that break up in season three, I think I could consider myself a total shipper judging by how absolutely devastated I was by Ephram's words.

I still mainly watched for Andy/Ephram, but Amy/Ephram got more to the forefront for me, really big into them late season two. And then on my countless rewatching of season one, I love that stuff now too. I guess I shouldn't say not as big of a shipper, but maybe say, not from the very beginning. A late blooming shipper, if you will. I'm not sure when it really started, but I think in "Home" when they buy a Twix together, I was completely sold at that point. I liked their story in season one, but I didn't connect with the actual relationship right from the pilot. I'm either completely over explaining this (which I tend to do) or completely under explaining this. Heh. Let me know which one.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 09-23-2008 at 06:44 PM