View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 02:26 PM
~*Ambrosia*~
Extreme Fan

Where are all the Travis fans?? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] Still havn't found your way over here yet I guess. Well, that's mostly my fault really [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]. I finally put together the general Tarzan thread on the Television board yesterday though so maybe that will help. It has links to all the Tarzan-related threads around FF and should make it much easier now to keep track of them. So to anyone reading this, make sure you stop by! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I actually just posted the following info there before realizing that it technically should have gone here. However, I wanted people to see it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

From the theotherjane from tarzantheseries.com

Project Group Hug - Memory Book for Travis from his fans

I'm gathering messages from fans to put together a scrapbook to send to Travis. I'll be compiling all the messages into a binder using vinyl sheet protectors and shipping the whole thing to Travis. If you want to be included, here's what you need to know.

1. Handwritten messages are preferred but if you really feel that your writing is that bad, typed is okay also.

2. Messages should be addressed to Travis.

3. These are personal messages to Travis, not campaign messages or messages to the cast, crew or producers of the show.

4. Anything rude, crude or vulgar (ex. offers of sex) will be excluded. Seems like something I shouldn't have to say but then again, if I didn't someone might try to get cute.

5. Pics of yourself and even postcards from your home town to go with your letter are totally cool. Fan art will also be accepted but it must be no larger than a standard sheet of paper. (yes Eden your son can certainly draw Travis a picture)

6. don't write on both sides of the paper. it tends to blend.

7. I'm also in the process of trying to do mix cds of songs and audio greetings. there will be more on this later if I can get it set up.

8. Because I am flat ass broke, all donations for supplies and postage will be accepted. I'm going to send the notebook via either fedex or UPS so I can track it and that's expensive. My paypal account is under my email jaynerives@comcast.net. Or you can tuck a buck into your letter if you want.

9. Deadline for submissions is Jan 3rd. If you are not in the US or Canada and you don't think you can get a message mailed to me by then, email me and we'll see what we can arrange.

10. Also, please don't ask Travis to call, write, email you. A contact channel is being set up should Travis want to respond. He's got a lot on his mind right now and being asked by dozens of folks to send a personal message is a bit much.

11. Submissions address.
Jayne Rives
6721 Leland Way 22
Los Angeles, CA 90028

Feel free to send the link to this thread to any other forums, sites or email lists that you think might be interested.

Thanks.

Also, any other actor fan groups can feel free to 'borrow' this idea to send to others in the cast.

I know, you're saying wtf?? Jan. 3rd??!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] But that's today!! Read on...

posted by theotherjane today

I have posted a list of all the folks I have received messages from.

so you can check to see if something you sent has arrived. the plan is to send the book on the 7th, but for sure by the end of the week. so there is still time to get stuff to me. even if you have to email it (I prefer that you write it by hand and send me a scan, for the personal touch).

as you will all be able to see, I don't have that much for the book. I'd like to triple the entries if I can.

I think it's a really great idea, I'm actually pondering the idea of organizing one for Sarah. Anyway, I'm going to try and come up with something for this Travis book by the end of the day, anyone else interested? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]