View Single Post
Old 12-17-2002, 01:06 AM
JessesMutant
Absolute Fan

Quote:
A little miffed at the verdict. Although I like Owen and I know he is an extremely talented writer I think if anything it should be a tie because personally I think Luke has the better film career. Luke has chosen a more low profile route by taking supporting roles in succesful films while Owen has a long list of big-budget, critical bombs to his name: Armaggedon, Zoolander, The Haunting, I Spy, Anaconda and Behind Enemy Lines (in my opinion his best film was indie classic The Minus Man and he should have stuck to roles that challenge him).
I agree about the tie. But, I wouldn't take it too personally. ew.com isn't exactly the most reliable source when it comes to opinions on movies/music/etc.

I liked Legally Blonde and Charlie's Angels was okay ( not enough Luke in that one. Hopefully he'll be in the sequel more.)

Soul Survivors wasn't that great tho ... Did anyone even understand that movie? It was like (ahh... I forgot the name, but that movie with Bill Pullman and Patricia Arquette... I think it was Bill PUllman) watching (the movie described in previous parenthesis) or that one with Sam Neill where the whatever the writer writes happens... Why can't I remember the names of these movies... Ah... In the Mouth Of Madness... anyway, it was like watching them all over again... Confusion City... What was real? What wasn't? yeesh...

I agree that The Haunting sucked... Anaconda wasn't that great (the smaller budgeted giant snake movie called Python was better [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Though, Python's sequel sucked).

As far as any movie being critical bombs... I very often disagree with most critics. I don't trust what they say at all. I've never seen one single critic give a bad review to any disney movie (suspicious and bizarre). I think Disney is paying these people off [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. I really don't like critics. I never have and I never will. I think most of them are pretty much full of [img]smilies/censored.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Sorry, but that is my opinion on critics. I could care less what any of them have to say [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I've never seen Minus Man... I can't find it except to buy and I very rarely buy movies I've never seen... The only one I did buy that I never saw was a musical in which the story I was already familiar with so I was pretty sure I'd like the movie [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] None of the rental places around here have TMM. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Will I ever find that movie? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'm looking forward to the sequel to Legally Blonde... but I'm not sure about the sequel to Charlie's Angels... I just don't think it'll be the same without Bill... I'll probably rent it (since both Luke and Matt are back in it), but I don't think I'll go see it in theaters...

"You're the ONLY woman I've ever loved."- Lucas to Sami

"I want you, I love you."
"Lucas, I love you too."- Lumi (Days)
JessesMutant is offline   Reply With Quote