View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Renata M.
Fan Forum Hero

I'm here, I'm here! Bandaids site made a interview with Avril!! She talks about many things, including about her fourth about!
1) You've recently added 'Keep Holding On' to your live set (which we're all thrilled about!). Is it safe to say the song has taken on new meaning to you?
I don't like playing too many slow songs, so I replaced it with Innocence. Since Keep Holding On was a single, I thought I should really play it.

2) You mentioned to us previously that if you were going to release another single from this album, it would be Innocence. Even though that's not happening, have you thought of the kind of concept you would want for a video for Innocence?
No......

3) The year after you first came out, there was a wave of artists whom all got compared to you and that seems to be happening again with the likes of Kate Perry and Miley Cyrus' new album. Of all the new female artists just emerging on the scene, who's your favourite?
I like Leona Lewis. I love her song "Bleeding Love". She's a real singer.

4) Could you see yourself working with Lil Mama for your next album?
Well, it really depends on the direction of my album....she's really mature for her age, a great girl and really talented.

5) What's the best prank you've pulled while on this tour, or what's the best one you've had pulled on you?
I was in Europe and jet lagged. It was probably 4am. I called each band member and told I needed to have a word with them. When they came to my room we partied and then woke up everyone else in the group....ha ha...

6) Demi Lovato has been playing "Daydream" for the past few months on her tour (I should add, all your fans are still obsessed with "Daydream" :p). How did she end up getting the song and did you get to know her at all while on tour?
I decided I didn't want to use the song and so I was open to another artist performing it. It went through a few people and then Demi got it. I'm glad it worked out with her. I have not met her, but she seems sweet. I watched her one night. She's good

7) On that same note, Leona Lewis's version of your song "I Will Be" has been getting serious praise with lots of reviews saying it would be a surefire hit if it was released as a single. Do you ever wish you had kept it for yourself and put it on The Best Damn Thing? And what do you think of her cover?
I was going for a more fun, rockin vibe on "The Best Damn Thing". I always liked the song, that's why I released my version. I was happy for Leona to put it on her album. She's a wonderful singer.

8) We heard that you've been writing some acoustic songs while on tour. Are there any of these songs that you think might make it onto your fourth album?
I have a few songs I've started on my piano at home. A little more introspective. I can't wait to get home and focus on my songwriting. I have so much in me.

9) What's your favourite Black List Club song? And do you think you and Evan will get together to write songs for him?
I like Evan's song called, "Pumpkin Pie".

10) At the end of 2006, you said that you had been working on 'a couple different ballad type songs' for the Eragon soundtrack, and it was eventually decided that "Keep Holding On" would be the one used. Can you tell us anything about the other song(s) - what were they called and will we ever get to hear them?
I typically write a bunch of songs for an album and pick my favorites. I'll always revisit them for my next album. Sometimes they fit and some are better suited for something else or someone else. For instance, Everything Back But You was written and recorded for "Under My Skin" but it didn't fit and it was perfect for this one. I have a song I wrote when I was 15 and lived in Napanee that I'm going to possibly put on this next album

11) It seems like you've picked up some of Deryck's mannerisms on this tour, especially when you work the crowd. Have you been consciously learning from him or is this more of an unconscious change?
I learned from Deryck that it's just important to communicate with the crowd. It's good to ask questions so you can get a response.

12) What have you been doing this tour to relax and re-energize?
ahhhh......nothing....ha ha ha..... Just working. Time off has been limited. I saw "Step Brothers" the other day- it was funny.

13) In the UK, they call pants 'trousers' and the word 'pants' actually means men's underwear. So to most of your British audience, you are actually singing "I'm the one, I'm the one who wears men's underwear" in your song 'I Don't Have To Try' :p. Do you notice those kinds of translational differences when you tour your songs around the world?
Yeah. In North America you all understand the phrase "I wear the pants"- meaning you are in charge. I dont think this phrase is used in many other countries though. I also noticed this when I was translating "Girlfriend" in 7 different languages. I wasn't able to translate literally, as the way we talk wouldn't translate the same in some other countries.

14) It was seriously awesome to see you and Deryck on stage together on the last leg of your Canadian tour! How did you decide on "In Too Deep" as the song you would perform together?

Since his tour is over he has been spending a lot of time out on the road with me. We were talking one day and decided it would be exciting for him to come out for my encore. "In Too Deep" is one of my favorite Sum songs. I love that video.

xx
[/QUOTE]