View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 12:23 AM
Meekomist
Loyal Fan

I've posted this elsewhere, but I'll repost here

On Monday (Nov 8, 2004) I went on the WB Studio Tour I got to see the Dragonfly Inn, the outside of Rory and Lorelai's House, and Rory herself.. Alexis Bledel!

Here are pictures I was able to take

The Promo Pic for Gilmore Girls from outside the WB Studio

Lorelai's Jeep, and Rory's Car

Lorelai and Rory's House

Babette's House

I didn't get to see "Stars Hollow" because they were filming there that day. But seeing the Dragonfly was REALLY cool!! (and on the soundstage, Rory and Lorelai's house is right behind the "fake" trees you can see from the window of the Dragonfly's recepetion area and kitchen. We walked all thru the Dragonfly .. in the front room, the dining room, the kitchen, a new Parlor area that has not been shown yet, and the reception. The stairs in the dragonfly go up to nowhere.. although they did build stairs that go down on the other side (because when the dragonfly first opened a lot of people were going upstairs, so they needed a way to get back down again without coming down the same way)

I caught a glimpse of the Stars Hollow video store too

They only let you take pictures on the backlot, which is why I only have pictures of the actual house

The Dragonfly is very small .. it was weird, cuz it looks bigger on screen. (they always make sets smaller, because the camera makes things look bigger).

I highly reccommend the tour to anyone going to L.A!

The non-GG related stuff on the tour .. is a short movie about Warner Bros Studio, a trip to the WB Store (no GG stuff there ), the WB Museum.. which was just Harry Potter stuff, we saw the Props Dept, Friends Central Perk (they have it stored in the Props Dept.. you can take pictures of it!)

Peeked into some studios that had there doors open, saw them filming a scene for ER, and the tour of the backlot .. not including Stars Hollow because they were filming there that day.

~~ CHECK OUT SUPERNATURAL THIS FALL ON THE WB!! ~~
Vote for a Jared Padalecki Forum!!