View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 08:29 PM
playgroundDiaries
Elite Fan

Just that song was big, for the most part. I've actually seen it referenced before by people writing about 90210 nostalgia. You know, like "Losing My Religion/Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover", but shipper-neutral. "Hippy Witch", as we learned from Brenda, was also a style back then, so ... connection? Funny how it went totally over my head at the time (I only know the song from watching the show so much), yet I remember "Word to The Mutha!" (Bel Biv Devoe) real well, which played only two episodes before. Same with "Joey" (Concrete Blonde) that same season. Seriously, I was just discovering pop music when this show came out.

I actually really like the DVD replacement of "HippieChick" too. I was so surprised. Same thing's happening with the replacement of "Work It Out" by Monie Love at Scott's party. Both songs are cool. Can't say that often, as you know.

Hey, does anyone focus right on that woman bopping with the red, curly hair while "HippieChick" plays in the club, 1x04? LOL. Once you zero in on an extra, it just becomes habit.