View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 10:33 AM
everwoodfan52
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Maybe the reason why Madison was so meek and almost dedicated to Andy's strong suggestion of keeping it from Ephram was to show how even someone who looks rough around the edges like she clearly seemed at times in season 2, does eventually have their breaking point and this was Madison's moment to do just that. The situation was such a shocking, emotional one. As a result she really wasn't herself and acted way out of personality because she didn't know how to handle it.
Not to forget the fact that although she was older than Ephram....she was still really a baby herself. She was very scared and was looking for any kind of advice.
She took Andy's advice....even though it was lousy advice!

Quote:
I didn't think it was necessary or maybe a better way to state it is I didn't understand the POINT to it. I guess in thinking about it more a message being sent in that episode was also to prove that Ephram loved Amy even throughout his stupid band lie and to forgive Madison was almost poetically saying that she was out of his life and there were no hard feelings since he was moving on.
I think the point of the forgiveness and the phone call to Madison is that he was very accusatory to her in the coffee shop......kind of nasty.
He realized that she went through a lot having a baby on her own...no help....and she did that because she listened to his dad.
Ephram realized that Andy was mostly to blame, and since he had forgiven Andy (after realizing what it's like to try to protect a loved one from harm because of his experience with Kyle) he had to forgive Madison.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 08-14-2008 at 10:45 AM
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote