View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Rebelious?Nah!
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by How-very-girl629 (View Post)
ITA. I think lupin would have been a difficult person to befriend. And I think James felt bad for lupin and saw some good in him, I definitely think Sirius would have had to have been persauded. I do think they were true friends for a while, but I can see Sirius in general being turned off by a lot his personality traits. He didn't seem to like neediness or weakness. And I don't think he liked the hero worship the way james did. Although I definitely don't think that's why james liked him, or at least the sole reason.

Eventually the must have become true friends though or I refuse to believe that they would have let him in on the secret animagi or no matter how much they doubted peters power, would they have let him be secret keeper. In POA Madam rosemerta describes it like peter is a stalker but I think it might have just looked like that to people who could see James and Sirius's charm and Peters lack thereof .
Are you referring to Remus? Because if you are then i disagree. I think Sirius would been very close friends with Remus becuase he knew exactly what it was like to be the outcast. He knew what it was like to feel unwanted and out of all of the marauders he probably related to Remus the most. I think He and James both probably stood up for Remus a lot and went out of their way to try and make him realise that being a werewolf doesn't make him any less of a good persom. But then that's just my opinion

Wait lol I think you were talking about Peter - just reread and it's just a name mix up I totally agree in that case. I think Sirius would have probably gotten higly irritated with Peter and hated the fact that he worshipped them more than actually joining in and being a normal friend. He also probably hated the weakness and the need for reasurance that he was just as much a friend as the other. I also agree that they probably did become true friends eventually though. although irritated by him sirius probably still felt sorry for him and maybe even felt a bit harsh for treating him the way he did.

Another thing that probably irritated sirius was peter's lack of common sense and backbone, he probably didn't trust him completely for a long time. I can even see james having minor arguments with him about it.
"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and can see the turn of the universe...and...he's wonderful"

Last edited by Rebelious?Nah!; 08-10-2008 at 04:11 PM