View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 04:01 PM
How-very-girl629
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sirius and James probably became friends after sirius was sorted in to gryfindor. because if you remember on the train james is very close to making friends with him and sirius tells james he may brake the tradition of only slytherins in his familly. So they where on the verge of becoming friends anyway and once sirius was sorted in to gryfindor this friendship was probably sealed. I think they probably saw remus lurking around on his own quite a few times and where probably intrigued by him and approached him, remus probably refused to be their friend and then they probably managed to get him to trust them after a long process of attempting to covince him they truly wanted to be his friend and then maybe even helping him out of a few tight spots concerning his lycanthropy. Even though they didn;t know about it at the time they probably helped him with cover stories and the likes for the one day a month he dissappeared. As for wormtail i just think James took him in because he felt sorry for him and probably thought he was a good person worthy of some friends.
ITA. I think lupin would have been a difficult person to befriend. And I think James felt bad for lupin and saw some good in him, I definitely think Sirius would have had to have been persauded. I do think they were true friends for a while, but I can see Sirius in general being turned off by a lot his personality traits. He didn't seem to like neediness or weakness. And I don't think he liked the hero worship the way james did. Although I definitely don't think that's why james liked him, or at least the sole reason.

Eventually the must have become true friends though or I refuse to believe that they would have let him in on the secret animagi or no matter how much they doubted peters power, would they have let him be secret keeper. In POA Madam rosemerta describes it like peter is a stalker but I think it might have just looked like that to people who could see James and Sirius's charm and Peters lack thereof . That would be like the trio letting colin creevy know about their secrets.

Angela; tumblr;