View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 03:20 PM
How-very-girl629
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don;t lilly could be an honarary marder right?

Anyway there is no way in hell that lilly can be blamed for snape going over to the dark side (as star wars as it sounds it makes sense). She done all she could for him. Thinking about it logically i can see why lilly stuck by him fr such a long time it was probably a combination of denial, loyalty and wanting to help him change. I mean think about if your friend was at risk of becoming evil wouldn't you stick by them untill you relaised it was a hopless cause too? It makes sense it's humane. However one person can not change another or help them get back on the right track unless that person is willing to take this help or wants to change. The only way snape could change was if he wanted to change it had nothing to do with lilly it was out of her hands. She did all she could, she did everything required of a good friend and he still failed her by going over to join voldemort.
Oh I totally agree. Lily sticking by him was what all friends would do but she reached her limit! I'm not saying her sticking by hijm was a bad thing but unwillingness to give up to a certain point is unhealthy. Like say her view of the maruaders on the train first year. I think she held onto that perception for a while.

Snape failed lily, lily did not fail snape.
And I can't believe I've seen people belittle the mudblood thing saying it didn't matter and lily reacted too harshly. It did matter. Especially considering the times they were in!!
And also people say james was awful because he pulled of snapes underwear and yes very cruel and i'm not saying it was ok, but as someone as firm in his beliefs of good and he had feelings for lily, I believe he was too angry and I don't think he would have been that cruel under different circumstances. When it started james just knocked him over, Snape went straight for the dark curse that could kill!

Ot from our discussion but how do you think James and Sirius became friends with lupin and wormtail?

Angela; tumblr;