View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 04:28 AM
follow the sun
Master Fan

Great job, Lynn!

I live in Vancouver, Canada, and we have an annual international fireworks competition called the Symphony of Fire. 3 countries compete over 4 nights, matching extraordinary fireworks to music on the beach. Here is a little Diary entry from me

I stood perched on a narrow balcony overlooking the ocean and the 350 thousand people hiding the sand from my view. My camera in hand, ready to capture those explosions of light that lit up the sky, I leaned perilously close to the railing. Nervous eyes watched from behind the glass, too fearful to step out into the cold. I wasn't afraid of the height, or the delicate railing, or the age of the building as I leaned out to get that better shot. The exhilaration of fifteen minutes of light and blasts and belting songs I wanted to sing along with, were too great a draw. I cheered and clapped and ran the rhythm of the music in my mind. As each song drew to an end, the dark sky filled with intensity and a need to outdo the previous moment. A warm arm wrapped itself around mine; she was being brave, but not too brave to stand alone, the fear of the inside-watcher heavy on her mind. I clicked and laughed and cheered with the other five, only four pictures of twenty worth saving, but the chance taken for that perfect shot was worth it.