View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 10:20 PM
venusinfurs
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris_katsiki (View Post)
They posted in their website that they are going to start working on their fourth album so it's definite (I think) if they have it on their website.

I liked FIOE(not as much as Is This It) but Albert shouldn't go and say things like that. You are too kind with him People at Oh Someday were not gentle at all

I have watched their live performances on youtube and I can say their songs sound just like in their CDs. Why don't they come to Athens? (I don't live there but I could visit just for one concert)
So we only have to make it a year and then we'll get our hands on some more Strokes goodies! Huzzah!

Those people were harsh. As a music whore, I understand that most musicians have volatile, egotistical personalities and when they don't like something, they aren't going to hide their feelings. They are quite blunt, so I'm used to it.

It's his true feelings, so it doesn't bother me. I understand that some of your work you don't like as much and I respect that he felt awkward promoting it because he didn't want to say it was bad. He has loyalties to the band but also didn't feel it was their best work, so he was torn. I get that.

I don't think he is trying to garner attention for himself by dissing The Strokes but moreso saying, right now The Strokes are on hiatus so I'd rather not discuss something where there is nothing to discuss.

That was my take on it. And sometimes, we all say things we shouldn't. But hey, he still seems totally into doing Strokes stuff, so I'm not worried.

And they should come to Athens! I guess they aren't big enough yet. I saw them at this small outdoor venue with about 1,000 people, maybe. They're still an under rated band, of sorts, I guess.

Dude, Juju looks amazing in that photo. I love the long hair, the sunglasses and the pose. I might drool all over my keyboard if I don't look away.