View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 08:25 PM
the_stud
Part-Time Fan

Well I couldn't watch all of episode 5 or 7 because they wouldn't play, so I can't say for sure I have a favorite episode. I hated the fact that J&H got like NO screentime compared to B/W/S
But I have some fav scenes (the ones I saw anyways).

~ Jake and Hamilton trying to get Jake's bike back lol! "what are you doing?? Ben's in love with you not her!" Katherine's face is classic, trying to stop Ham from laughing lol.

~ Ham hitting Jake with the boat oar lol. Aw, poor Jake.

~ When Ham said to Jake about being in love with her. That was sooooo sweet

~The whole computer thing in episode 1. Katherine's voice was spot on, though I don't yet why they dubbed it?? she clearly said dads bank account not mums lol.

~ I actually loved the scene at the resturant when Jake gave Ham the lecture (and rightly so) about him actingly differently. I mean I know he was being really nice and was a gentleman, but it was like he was treating her too differently. Just because she was wearing a skirt, it didn't make her a different person. He, after all, didn't fall in love with the girl because he didn't know thats what she was. He fell in love with the person.
But yeah, I felt sorry for both of them. It was obviously a weird time, but I kind of felt more for Jake, because she didn't want him to get all manly with her. She wanted them to be equals, no more, no less. She, like him, fell for the personality. Igorance, on his part at least, was bliss.

~ The scene when Bella tells Jake that she wondered "why this beautiful girl was dressed like a boy" . I just loved the way she said it, I wasn't expecting that. I thought she was just gonna say "are you a girl?" - It was nice, and Jake taking her helmet off and smiling was sweet.
It funny because when I looked like the screencaps of Bella and Jake sitting next to eachother in the cafe, I (for some reason lol) thought that Bella knew she was a guy. But she didn't. It was cool though, because she knew something was up straight away, the look she gave Jake lol.
"Cute coat" lol. Ham was thinking "Jake don't be too obvious", Will and Scout were thinking "My God, he is super gay", and Bella was like "So...why is she dressed like a guy? and WHY don't these guys realise it??" lol. Her face was like puzzled because the guys clearly had no idea at the time, introducing Jake and Ham as fellow 'guys from Rawley', and Bella's like "yeeeaaaahhh....alrighty!"

The thing is I feel that we were given way too little in the visual J&H stake, but the story went on really fast. I mean what we should have had was (if they were to just keep it as one season) to be around 14 epsosdes; for the progression to take a lot longer, and for them to have A LOT more screentime.

Last edited by the_stud; 11-01-2004 at 08:48 PM