View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 01:18 PM
silvercrystal
Master Fan

silversun - I love In Time. It's got some lovely feelings in it. The line 'Can I keep you?' Sounds really whispered and secretive when I read it.

Candy4eva - I love that story [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Major goodness.

DevotedFanOfMatt - I like the subject of your piece. It's written really well.

I wrote this recently. It was written at 2.30am so it's slightly confusing [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Absolution

'GET UP.'

'I didn't do it.'

'GET UP.'

'Stay away from me. Get away, leave me alo……'

It was dark, darker than the bruises from the past. Her eyes closed over and opened again. Bright blue eyes looked back at her; she was drowning in them like they were an ocean. An ocean so calm, peaceful…safe. Then they were gone, leaving her in the shadows once again.

Her eyes closed over only to open once more. A blue sky, green grass and a lake. She was alone in this serene place. Nobody to talk to, nobody to love, nobody to hurt. Her hands reached into the lake to take a handful of water. She lifted her hands up to her mouth; a salty taste came from her mouth. The water turned red, the lake was still as clear as ever, it was coming from her arm. The cuts deep, as though a knife had cut them. The crimson liquid kept falling, drop by drop onto the grass, into the lake. The grass began to die, all life was erased. The lake turned red, a river of pain. She fell.

'I told you she was faking, there's nothing wrong with her.'

Her vision was blurred, she couldn't see but she could hear everything. A man's voice, a woman crying, a girl dying.

'Get up.' A soft voice, a small hand upon her own. An innocent child standing in front of her, her vision as clear as ever. There was something familiar about the child, she'd seen her before.

'Come on.' The child ran to a swing set and sat down. The dimples on her cheek showing as she laughed with delight. The world was new, she was an innocent. Nothing could ruin her. She followed the child and sat beside her. Time moved fast, the swings began to rust, the flowers died and grew again but the child stayed the same. She swung higher and higher, but the laughter began to die. It came to a stop, she tried to get it to move but a force stopped it. Tears fell from the innocent eyes, unsure of why the world had changed. Why her life had become so painful. Something stood in her way. She began to fade with every tear that fell. The girl was alone once more, another had died.

Loud sirens and men speaking. Her eyes still shut; no matter how hard she tried she couldn't open them. There was a pain everywhere but it didn't hurt, not like the pain in her heart. It was dying, turning black with every dream that died.

Faces crowded her mind, so many familiar faces. But there were two she didn't recognise. One stood in front of her, broken, bruised and battered. It was her; it was what he had done to her. Who was he? She didn't know him anymore. She had known him once but that was but a memory. He had cared; he had loved her but not anymore. What had she done wrong?

The beeping of a machine, the sound of someone breathing heavily, the sobs of the woman. They all filled her ears. Where was she? Who was she? What had happened?

'Sorry…tried…heart…gave up…too late…sooner…maybe…' The broken conversation began to fade; a woman's cries could be heard in the background, like she'd lost her life. The weight in her heart began to lift.

Those eyes again, those bright blue eyes, they watched her enter the world. The grass came back; the lake was clear and the sky a brighter blue than could ever be imagined. The little girl sat next to the lake, a small white dove in her hand.

She walked over to the little girl. Their eyes spoke to each other like they were connected. The little girl handed her the dove and then ran and sat on a far away swing set, the strength to go as high as she wanted came back again. Nothing was stopping her, nothing could touch her now.

'Be free.' She lifted her hands to the sky and let it go. A single tear rolled down her cheek, the realisation of what this meant hit her. She was free now, free of the pain. It was gone.

The dove flew without fear, the little girl swung to her hearts content. The girl let out one soft sigh and lay down on the grass to at last lie in peace.

A man's sorrowful screams filled the land, the realisation of what he'd done. He couldn't take it back but it seemed unimportant to her. She'd forgiven him, for she loved him. Even after everything he had done, she still loved him. She had her peace now.

*Feedback Is appreciated. Did you hate it? Like it? Confused?*

[ 01-23-2004: Message edited silvercrystal ]