View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 07:45 AM
drawingstars
New Fan

Fancy's Show Box - Joe King's pre-Fray band - CD on eBay NOW!

Hello Fray fans! I've got an original, still-sealed copy of Leaving Wakefield, the CD by Joe's early band Fancy's Show Box up on eBay right now. The auction ends this coming Sunday (13 July 2008) just after 2pm central time. You can either search for "The Fray Fancy's Show Box Leaving Wakefield CD" on eBay or scroll down to the bottom of this post and click the link.

Fans of The Fray will be quite interested in having and hearing this little blast from the past, especially while you wait for the guys to finish their much anticipated follow-up to How To Save A Life! It is good fun and displays the emerging talent of a younger Joe King and co. It'd be a treasure in any shape, and a true gem in this condition!

Here's some more info on the band, the CD and why I have a copy!

Several years before putting together the arena-rocking, Scrubs-soundtracking, two-times platinum, Grammy-nominated band The Fray, Joe King and his high school buddies formed a band called Fancy's Show Box. Along with Joe's somewhat-solo project at the time, Spruce, "Fancy's" were quite popular on Arvada's local rock circuit, playing at coffee shops, house parties and for youth groups. They traveled and played all over Colorado, Kansas and beyond. In 1999 they self-released their first and only album, Leaving Wakefield.

From what I can recall, Leaving Wakefield was produced by the band and their bass player Tim Hoagland, who later went on to help engineer How To Save A Life. Their drummer Adam Blake did the artwork, Matt "Chooch" Russell played guitar, and Joe King played guitar and sang. Erick Olsen, their dear friend and manager, was executive producer.

It's a long story, but I was acquainted with that whole group of wonderful and talented people back then and naturally got a few copies of the CD directly from the band upon its release. (Guys, if you're reading this, do say hello!) Fast-forward almost ten years to me rediscovering the album as I riffled through some boxes I've had in storage since I moved home to Louisiana from Denver what seems like a lifetime ago. Now, it can be yours!

Again, this copy is still sealed. The shrink is 100% intact. There are no cracks in the case and, as best as I can tell from shaking it back and forth gently, no broken bits on the inside either. It looks just like it did the night mister "Hi! I'm Joe King! Are you Joking?!" handed it to me.

As this is quite the collectable, I have set a low reserve. I will ship internationally. If you have any questions, please message me through eBay and I will respond within six hours, and usually sooner! Thanks for looking and happy bidding!

Last edited by broken crown; 07-11-2008 at 01:40 PM Reason: Edited for ebay links