View Single Post
Old 08-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Sterling & Emerald
Extreme Fan

What about Wilkenson, he could be Wilk, Kens or Sonny!

Inspiration is rotten, you get it, start a fic, get into it, and there is goes. Then you just have to sit around waiting and hoping it comes back. As for writing only Roswell fic, I've been there. I think most are that way, it only changes when you watch/read something else and a bunny hops out at you.

To get a topic going, what are some do and don'ts for betas? I have only a few, but I'd love to hear more.

1. Be constructive, not insulting. Which means 'this sentence sounds a bit clumsy, you might want to consider altering it' is helpful, where as 'gah, it's so cluttered, no one could read this! Fix it up' is still helpful, but rather cruel.

2. This should go without saying, but if something comes up and you can't beta or it'll be a long time before you can work on the story, tell the alpha! Don't just toss it aside or send it back uncorrected. I've known people that have those that done to them, and it must be very frusterating.

3. Take as much time as needed on the fic, but please try not to take up more time than you have to. Often alphas will want to put up their story as soon as possible.

Any other tips? And for that matter, any tips for alphas?