View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 08:20 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
She was definitely coming to see Ephram, and the subject of the baby would definitely have come up...so, wait, that means THREE baby storylines potentially going on in season five! Ephram and Madison almost certainly dealing with it, the Abbott house absolutely dealing with a baby, and Berlanti throwing Nina being pregnant with Jake's baby. Is it just me, or is that a lot of babies? Apparently when the higher ups wanted to focus on a younger cast, Berlanti really took it to heart didn't he?
Absolutely.

Wow I never realized how there would have been three baby storylines until you just pointed it out, Tos.

And Betty, good point about Madisongate being a means for Ephram not going to Juilliard. Oh yeah, most definitely.

What I rather have seen instead of the baby storyline would have been showing the progress Ephram made in that throughout all of season 1 here was this kid with purple hair who would have given anything to get back to NYC. He didn't want to be in Everwood. Period. What would have been neat could have been seeing Ephram go through the Juilliard audition, getting accepted THEN Ephram making his own decision that:

A) Ultimately Everwood was his new home and he preferred going to a piano school closer to home
B) Classical piano wasn't really his gig, jazz was, so while the Juilliard training would have been priceless, ulitmately he wanted a more well rounded college education

I would have loved seeing this take place, Ephram making his own choice. Not having uncontrollable circumstances dictate his decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tos
But yeah, I'm now suddenly really curious what they were planning with Madison. Was everyone else already curious and the curiosity is just now hitting me?
I was curious the moment I heard she might be returning. Not only did I groan loudly but it peeked my interest with admittedly annoyance being an emotion I experienced, because I couldn't understand how they might include Madison in another storyline given what went down in NYC between Madison and Ephram. Of course we had Ephram essentially forgiving her in season 4 (which I have my own thoughts on why I didn't necessarily love this), but I don't see how she could have just shown up given everything that went down between them. What could she have possibly wanted? Did she change her mind about the adoption and was she pursuing her right as a mother and actually going about fighting for parental rights of the baby? Would Berlanti have gone there? What else could the storyline have been pertaining to?

Quote:
I do get why Madison told him, although I wish Andy had stressed more strongly how important delaying it a bit longer would be.
That was just lame. So ridiculous. She couldn't have waited a little longer and Andy couldn't have asked her to do this? Of course Andy wasn't in any position for further requests of Madison and maybe he didn't believe it would help much anyway since Madison was clearly angry with him during their meeting at the restaurant. I don't know.

Part of me still finds it odd that Madison listened to Andy in the first place. Here was a girl who had zero problem kicking both Andy and Ephram's asses in, ranting away at them in season 2 then she gets pregnant with Ephram's child and suddenly she's all meek and falls off the face of the earth listening to Andy as if his word was all that mattered? I found that a bit unrealistic.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-05-2008 at 08:25 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote