View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 12:28 AM
~Kitty
Ultimate Fan

Thank you. I love you guys too! And Kay I especially loved reading your post over at TWOP on L/L's lack of kissing. I agree, we don't need to see them kissing or having sex every other scene. This is Gilmore Girls.. not Dawson's Creek or One Tree Hill. The chemistry is still there...perhaps I should take this to the episode thread!

Onto the kissing in the script. No way in hell can they kiss the way they want too. The script, itself, will have the stage direction of how the kiss is to be carried out. And the director will be directing them, telling them where to put their heads and hands. Kissing and sex scenes are choreographed. In a sex scene.. there is almost always a person near by making sure the sheets don't fall away and show something that shouldn't be shown. In kissing scenes, the makeup artist is standing right there to touch them up. Except for in movies and some tv shows (like ER), just about every move, sound, object and dialog has a purpose and is choreographed.

Lorelai wearing glasses? Lorelai's wardrobe change.. and yes, her wardrobe has changed slightly since she started dating Luke. Their body language, even placed objects have a purpose. If they are to kiss passionately and they just give each other a pec on the lips, don't ya think the director would correct that. Amy and the cast has said, no improvision and she even noted that in the next episode she let that one guest star, Norman Mailer I think?, break the rules and improvise. So I don't know where the posters on TWOP go off saying that they can do as they please on kissing or that the actors personal feelings get in the way of their acting.

Scott was teaching an acting class down in Hollywood. I'm not sure if he's doing it right now. GG is keeping him pretty busy, though he may still do some classes in the summer. He taught at the same acting studio that my acting teacher went too. It's pretty cool.

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert

Last edited by ~Kitty; 10-21-2004 at 12:36 AM