View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 04:58 PM
maxkyleshpr
Master Fan

Well, I'm back from my little trek to the East Coast. The flights weren't too bad -- I didn't have any impossibly long lines to wait in except picking up the rental car.

I'm not recommending HERTZ to anyone -- When I took the bus from the terminal to their site in Phila., there were 42 people in line in front of me (I had plenty of time to count them ) and only a couple of agents working -- if you could call it that. Sometimes it looked like there were 4, but then one of them would get up and disappear for a while or wander over to talk to another one (tying both up). It took an hour-and-a-half from landing to driving away. They KNOW how many reservations they have, so they should be able to allocate staff accordingly. That is unacceptable (to me, at least) so I won't be using them again soon...

Otherwise, the weekend went well. The kids got properly hitched and nobody needed to pull-out a gun (that I saw ) The reception was elegant and featured good food and heavenly desserts and I saw no bloodshed, so I guess you would call it successful. I got to visit with some old friends (old in any way you want to take it...)

Any-Hoo, I'm glad to be sleeping in my own bed again!
Jason Behr Obsessee #165 and damn proud of it!
Gareth David-Lloyd / Ianto Jones Obsessee No. 12 -- And I’m ready for it!