View Single Post
Old 04-11-2004, 04:19 PM
emophrase
Dedicated Fan

Tegan and Sara: Who doesn't like Canadian identical twins with guitars?

I looked around and couldn't find a Tegan and Sara thread, many apologies if I'm mistaken, feel free to close this [img]smilies/embarrassment.gif[/img]

But otherwise, I thought this board could use some tee and essing. They're one of my favorite bands right now, but they're pretty underground except for a pretty dedicated following that's growing pretty fast. It's basically twin sisters Tegan and Sara who started out punk in their early growing years, then went to acoustic for their self released little known album (Under Feet Like Ours) and their first studio release (This Business of Art), and their second release (If It Was You) is a little more pop-rock. They do have a touring band but they're the face of the band and write all the music and lyrics. They do have distinctions; they have pretty distinct voices but they're both wonderful musicians, and harmonize well. Physically they have different hairstyles most of the time, Tegan has a labret piercing, and Sara has a few more tattoos. They do share the fact that they can't seem to stand each other for too long. And who can resist artists who can admit their flaws? "John and Dave did everything," admits Sara. "That's actually them singing on the album. We sped up their voices to sound more feminine. Tegan and I just did a lot of blow and hung out with hookers in the lounge."

If you haven't heard of them before, I'd recommend downloading some stuff to get you started, my favorites from the most recent album are "I Hear Noises", "Monday Monday Monday", "Terrible Storm", and "City Girl". There's a lot of info on the official site and two officially recognized fansites, and Google's always fun. Just try out teganandsara.com, .net, or .org. While you're there be sure to check out the videos section [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Their second album, if it was you.

A recent picture of the duo.

So if you love them, post gosh darnit! If you haven't heard of them, get to downloading!
emophrase is offline   Reply With Quote