View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 07:10 PM
AlexEvans
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Subject

Brian -Can I call you Brian? I wanted to say that last paragraph was very well said. I also agree that I don't think character hatred is based entirely on threat to couples. However, the primary reason is usually because of the threat to a couple. Especially in a teen show.
Please do. And thank you!

You make good points regarding Tess. It's also worth noting that Tess hatred is primarily found in Dreamers, not Stargazers. Sum1 is right that there are Dreamers who like Tess, and Tess-haters who aren't Dreamers - but the above are trends i've found on every Roswell group I've participated in. Certainly I'm pretty familar with what Gazers tend to think. We are irritated with Tess' constant interruptions in S1, but regarding S2 are fed up with the plot holes that did in Alex, and with the patently absurd false rationales spun out by the producers. We don't focus our anger on Tess, and in fact have a lot of sympathy for Tess and Kyle/Tess fans who also lost what they loved about our show.

Shipper groups do differ. They vary in age, gender ratio, etc. And in what bothers them.

AlexEvans is offline   Reply With Quote