View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Brucas2417
Extreme Fan

Dollhouse Project

Credit: Leyton105% @ othforums.com for the pics above.

Credit: LUCASnBROOKE4eva8 (Angie) for the pics above.

Posted by Angie:
ok I am just going to recap the entire day.

We worked on the dollhouse most of the day on Friday and worked through the night and there were still things needed to be done into the morning. We really wanted to get to the game by 10 AM with it but we didn't get there until 10:30. There were a few minor details that did not get finished they were: two of the porches being glued on and the railing for the stairs glued on, the inside WAS NOT supposed to be painted. That is for the owner to decorate at their will. Once we got it there we put it in the lawn and I went to go see if I could find someone who could let us know if it could be auctioned or not. James's publisist Elizabeth came out and saw it and loved the idea and she tried to get it into the game before the actual game started but there was not enough time so she said she would come back out later and get it. She said that she could take it in and auction it off but we would not be able to get into the game to see it because we didn't have tickets. I said that was fine as long as it was auctioned off. She said she would take my camera in with her and take pictures as well for me but I could not actually go into the game. So we sat with it and waited...and waited...and waited... with no one coming to get it. We thought maybe after the game they would come and get it but again nothing. There were MANY fans who passed by it once they were leaving the game and I gave the WHOLE story of where it came from and how were were trying to donate it or auction it off. We received ALOT of support for amost every fan that walked by it. It was pretty much on display and I stood by it the entire time so I could let everyone know how it all came about. We had it set up with the two cars in front and the BL family on the porch with the dog and the monkey hanging from the railing! People would come up and say "oh it's Brooke's house" and we would say "acutally it's Brooke and Lucas's house...in the future with their 2 boys and a girl"

After the game was finished there were 3 girls who had recieved wristbands from people who had left the game (they were guests of the actors, the braclets were a different color than all the rest) and because they didn't have the actual ticket and only the wristband they were not able to get autographs so they gave their wristbands to us. My 2 friends went in and went up to Mark and told them they had the dollhouse and he shook his head but Elizibeth already knew we didn't have tickets and they walked away with out a real answer out of Mark. So later they went back in with the BL wristbands and handed them out to BL fans, they told me they almost got ambused by BL fans wanting the bands. The bands were a HUGE success.

After that we continued to wait and the girl who posted at OTHForums was talking to us about the dollhouse and at this point I was geting a little frustrated that they weren't coming to get it and it looked like it wasn't going to happen but she went back in and told Stuart Lafferty about it and it took him all of 5 MINTUES to come out and ask us about it. He said he would take it in and I told him there was a problem because we didnt have tickets to actually get in the game and he said he had no control of that and he would have someone come out who did know and talk to us. And we actually did have one ticket we found on the ground and we had the wristbands so I told him that I had a ticket but I found it on the ground and that I was just being honesly with him and he said well you have the ticket and we just dropped the subject on how we didn't have tickets and changed to how were were going to get it into the game. We figured it out and it took 6 of us to bring it around the building and into the game and I was still carrying it when we entered the gym (my friends ran back to get our purses, lol) and as soon as we entered the gym with it you could hear the crowed get lounder and lounder. We then brought a table out the the middle of the gym and Elizibeth then asked me where my friends were and that they could come in as well. I had the girl who got Stuart come in as well because I do believe without her going and saying something more about it, it may not have happened.

Anyways, Mark came out to sign it first and then the autograph signing had to be stopped so they all could come up and sign it. Sophia came up next and her reaction was "WOW WOW WOW This is..WOW and looked at me and said you built this?" And said yes, introduced myself and she went to start signing it and she signed it "WOW and then her name. She took up a HUGE amount of space, which was wonderful! She absolutely loved it! She then took a step back and looked at it and said "oh I should sign the door" and she signed and then said "well it is MY door" She was very cute with it and after that she took the mic and said "So do any of you guys know what this is" and the crowed went wild a bit and then Sophia kinda took over. I literally was surrounded by all the actors that were there (except for Stephen, we dont' know where he was but he didn't sign it) and as Sophia started talking and I pulled Mark aside and said to him exactly this "Wait Mark I need to tell you EVERYTHING about this dollhouse and it's meaning, we didn't do this all by ourselves this is actually from the Brooke and Lucas girls from Fan Forum(totally spaced my mind to say Brucas Leauge but I made up for it later), we raised the money to buy the supplies and I built it because I live here and I need to tell you what this house represents to all of us. This is our hope of that if and/or when Brooke and Lucas ever get back together we feel that Lucas should buy back Brooke's old house where they will raise their 2 boys and a girl and it will erase all the bad memories of Brooke's childhood and replace it with love of this family. I really need you to know that." His responses was "you girls are amazing, this is just wonderful, thank them, thank you, wow this really is amazing." And while I am talking to Mark, Sophia made it into a Brooke thing. I am very sorry but I just couldn't tell her to stop talking and give her the story as well and I thought it was best that Mark heard the REAL reason behind this dollhouse. And again I really didn't want to interupt Sophia. And at this point Brooke's car was out in the open but Lucas's wasn't (it was in one of the rooms whiled we carrried it out and I had taken Brooke's out first and then I was unable to finish setting it back up the way it was outside, we really didn't have enough time at all) So after talking to Mark I turn around and Joy had grabbed Lucas's car out of the house and says "look it's the Comet, and I said VERY NICELY I might add, "no that's Lucas's car" and she said "oh it's the Mustang" and she smiled and I looked back at her and said "It's a Brucas House" and she smiled again and said that it looked beautiful. Next Lee was behind me and he asked how many people built it and I said the 3 of us girls and my fiance helped but he didn't come and I told him that it was an idea created by a huge Brooke and Lucas fanbase on the internet(I made sure to keep saying that so I was not given full credit for it) and I was the one who built it and I told him I was the messenger for it and he said "You guys are the MOST DEDICATED FANS" and then Jackson came to sign in it and Sophia held him up so he could and I have a great picture of that moment! And Michalea, Joe, Lisa, James, Antwon and Robbie all came up to sign and they all Michaela and Lisa said how beautiful it was and everyone just stood and looked at it for a bit. The only thing I don't know about is weather or not Sophia knew it was a Brucas House. This all happened so fast you wouldn't believe it and I kept turning around and seeing another person so it was all kinds of crazy for a bit. After all that crazyness I asked Elizibeth if she wanted us to go back outside and she told us to take a seat and that she would get us in at the end for autgraphs. Then they auctioned it off and it went for $500 and the person who bought it also got it shipped to them! oh and Vaughn (Fergie signed it also)

As I was going through the autograph line and the shirt I had on said "I BUILT THIS DOLLHOUSE...(FRONT) ...BECAUSE I STILL GIVE A RATS ASS!!!(BACK)" So everyone said again how wonderful it was and Joe said "You built that dollhouse, how long did it take you" I told him 3 weeks and again I had to add "But this was not done by just us it was done by Brooke and Lucas fans and the money was rasied and I was the messenger and we laughed about it and he said "One Tree Hill fans are the best fans I've never seen anything like it." And he said what we did with the dollhouse was so amazing as well. Then James said we were amazing for all that we did with it while I was in line as well. I don't think I have ever heard the word amazing so manh times in one day or even one 8 hour period, And then I got to Mark again and others suggested that we donated it instead and he said "Oh yeah I heard that" well he heard that in the email I sent to the OTHWriters on myspace, lol so he KNEW it was a BL dollhouse before he signed it and this is how he signed it:
FAITH=LOVE
BELIEF TRUMPS
All. SEE THE
MAGIC IN THE
WORLD. POSSIBILITIES
ARE EVERYWHERE.

All Good
Things,
Mark Schwan

Also he thanked us again and again and told us how amaizng it all was and then he said "The dollhouse was hit, it was the hit of the game it really was" and he said to us "There are some good things coming up in the final episodes(of season 5) that you will love"

Michalea signed it "Love Always" and her name and Lisa signed it Best! and her name other than that it was all just names.

I have to say it went very very good once we got it in the door. I really wish it could have been explained about how it was a BL dollhouse to EVERYONE but over all it was a pretty AMAZING day and I still can't believe it actually happened! If I missed anything I will make sure ot fill you in with any missing details!

I have a bunch of pics I will try and upload them tomorrow!

It really was an honor to do this dollhouse!
-Angie

ETA: I really would like to stay and hang out but I really need to get to bed. Also I don't know why the girl at OTHForums said we worked on it for 15 hours a day for 3 weeks, we only worked on it for 15 hours one day and that was Friday. I really wanted to clear up some things that she said.

Post Away!
Don't put your trust in walls, 'cause walls will only crush you when they fall.